• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

Just curious but why in the WORLD would Phoenix even consider trading Amare? I just don't understand that at all just to get KG in return. Amare is like 24yrs old and KG is pushing 32yrs old. They both put up incredible numbers. Does Amare want out or something?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete I agree with alot of things you say, but I dont think a post like this is beneficial to the thread. I think thats something that shouldve been asked in private. Sothron gives what he gives (knowing the consequences) and if its too much I am sure his sources will let him know. I dont think any of us want this to lead to some misunderstanding that leads to no more info. You never know who is watching and what these threads might trigger.

Quote:

I have a question. Levenson looks at this board at times just to get a feel for what the diehards are saying.

If I'm your source I'd be a little concerned about Levenson knowing that somebody in his organization is spilling secrets to a fan. Even though this post didn't say anything at all in regard to inside info, just the thought of a leak would be troubling if I were an owner and saw that there was a leak. I would immediately begin trying to figure out where the loose lips were because even if this board doesn't get the info, a friend of someone has been given a lot of info.

Question...is your friend worried about being caught as the source of a leak?

Woody: When all is said and done, more is said than done.

Quote:

Quote:

Did anyone just see Bucher on ESPN? He said the Minnesota deal with Los Angeles was dead (obviously, we all know that).

He went on to say that they even attempted to get Atlanta involved, taking their #3 and #11 picks while Atlanta would get Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum.

Eww to that trade...Billy isn't THAT stupid, I hope...

I think you'll find, in the archives here, both Walter and myself endorsed something along those lines practically the day after the lottery.

Sorry... we just like Bynum... a LOT.

Ahh, I'm sorry. I bet your trade scenarios were good and all.. Bynum is a good prospect to acquire, too. I just think that any 3-way trade where Atlanta loses BOTH its picks to get someone OTHER than a superstar is stupid. I didn't mean that the players involved were bad...just not superstars!

Quote:

I have a question. Levenson looks at this board at times just to get a feel for what the diehards are saying.

If I'm your source I'd be a little concerned about Levenson knowing that somebody in his organization is spilling secrets to a fan. Even though this post didn't say anything at all in regard to inside info, just the thought of a leak would be troubling if I were an owner and saw that there was a leak. I would immediately begin trying to figure out where the loose lips were because even if this board doesn't get the info, a friend of someone has been given a lot of info.

You can get 95% of this info on ESPN insider...so I don't see an issue.

You may not be able to comment on this, but I'll ask anyway Soth: Do we have any untradeable assets? I saw a number of guys on your trade lists who I would love to see paired with JJ and Smith. I wouldn't care too much about losing anyone else as long as we get a good value.

Dawson, I'm LMAO here...You think that MY POST is somehwo letting some kind of cat out of the bag? With all that has been said do you think a guy like Levenson would say "Oh, that TexasPete guy is right! We may have a leak!"

Sothron, I have another question. You have listed numerous scenarios for us to digest. However, you have said that you can't actually tell us the whole story because you have to draw the line.

Question...it sounds like there are tons of actual possibilities available to the Hawks and BK is digesting them. Is there a deal done or just about done?

I would consider Elton Brand to be a superstar player. I'd much rather be talking about giving up the 3rd pick for Elton Brand than what we are doing now with Pau Gasol. Elton Brand is a 20/10 guy that brings it on both ends of the floor. He's a great defensive player, probably the 2nd best defensive power forward in the NBA to Tim Duncan.

Quote:

Quote:

One question Sothron... with you knowing the likely scenarios... how excited are you about the possible team after this week?

How good do you think these next few days can be for this franchise?

Unless BK does something just totally bizarre I will be the happiest I've been about this team since Knight was hired. Not hyperbole, just honest truth. We should be a much better balanced team on both sides of the court next season with any of the likely scenarios I was told.

This question is more for the rest of the thread. If Soth says that we become more balanced on both sides of the court....does that pertain to Gasol and Calderon as well(if that were to happen)in your opinions? I dont have a good enough read on Calderon...thats why I ask.

Quote:

I would consider Elton Brand to be a superstar player. I'd much rather be talking about giving up the 3rd pick for Elton Brand than what we are doing now with Pau Gasol. Elton Brand is a 20/10 guy that brings it on both ends of the floor. He's a great defensive player, probably the 2nd best defensive power forward in the NBA to Tim Duncan.

Brand garnered more 2006 MVP votes than Duncan and Garnett. If he is not a superstar, Soth and I do not watch the same game.

Just being honest, I'm 100 percent sure I know 2 of the scenarios, but I'm a little curious over what the third could be.

Also Sothron, I'm just curious if you confirmed this is legit info and not your contacts trying to mislead other NBA teams because they know it will be posted on the net.

Is it being too specific to ask the chances of any trade occurring vs. us just drafting at 3 and 11 and keeping those players?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Brand garnered more 2006 MVP votes than Duncan and Garnett. If he is not a superstar, Soth and I do not watch the same game.

To me a superstar carries with it some expectation of putting butts in seats. No one is paying money to watch Elton Brand that they wouldn't already spend to watch a NBA game. I have a great deal of respect for Brand but he's not going to meet my superstar list.

Correct.

Amare is the only "superstar" here. Pau Gasol is an incredible player, but he's not a "superstar".

Wow, if this franchise can land AMARE...Ahh, 25 points and 10+ rebounds per game with Joe's 25...

Why does everything else in the world seem so meaningless right now? haha.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I would consider Elton Brand to be a superstar player.

Sothron's definition of superstar has way more to do with marketability than performance in what you are talking about. He also has a much more limited definition of superstar, meaning he would probably only mention 6 or so players that are superstars. And also notice he said there was definitely one deal for a superstar, I seriously doubt he was talking about Pau with that so I don't know why you are comparing Elton and Pau unless you have some sort of vendetta against Pau.

Hole in one.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dawson, I'm LMAO here...You think that MY POST is somehwo letting some kind of cat out of the bag? With all that has been said do you think a guy like Levenson would say "Oh, that TexasPete guy is right! We may have a leak!"

Sothron, I have another question. You have listed numerous scenarios for us to digest. However, you have said that you can't actually tell us the whole story because you have to draw the line.

Question...it sounds like there are tons of actual possibilities available to the Hawks and BK is digesting them. Is there a deal done or just about done?

There's maybe two deals that could be done right now if the other side agreed and one that is close. Not commenting further than that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have three sources and I am fairly confident at least two of them are "teflon coated". They would survive even if Belkin took over unless he completely fired every person with the franchise and the Arena. They know I will never "give them up" and they won't give me something to run with unless they feel its safe to do so.

Also, just have to add, I personally have to shift through possible personal agendas on their part before I mention things here. Make of that what you will.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have been told three trade scenarios that are likely and how both picks will go if our draft board matches the actual draft.

[/indent]

Absolutely will not comment on the last one. I can't see anyone being disappointed by it if it went down but as I write that and pause writing...it could really piss a few people here off. But I doubt it.

[/indent]

I bet your talking about Marvin huh?

• Premium Member

Quote:

You may not be able to comment on this, but I'll ask anyway Soth: Do we have any untradeable assets? I saw a number of guys on your trade lists who I would love to see paired with JJ and Smith. I wouldn't care too much about losing anyone else as long as we get a good value.

Claxton is the only one that may qualify for that.

Quote:

No one is paying money to watch Elton Brand that they wouldn't already spend to watch a NBA game.

And you have no clue as to what you are talking about. Basketball did not become fun to watch for a Clipper fan until Brand got there. I really do not like to call people names; but you are a typical wannabe insider who is clueless as to what the real league is all about.

And if anyone use to believe you were a credible league insider, your above statement should take care of that. Totally arrogant and completely ignorant=Bingo!