• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another major dis-incentive for Suns to trade

sturt

• Premium Member

If they can help it, they don't want to do anything that would help make that ATL first round pick next year go later in the draft.

Like Dolfan, I see a lot of reasons why the Suns don't bite on this one... they get someone who can guard Tim Duncan better than Amare, and they make themselves the prohibitive team to beat for the next 2-3 years possibly, but if they look long-term at all, it doesn't make sense to pull the trigger.

• Moderators

Yeah - I still like this deal for the Suns because this is their time to go for the jugular.

I think you maximize your chances at a championship with Nash in the last years of his prime.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yeah - I still like this deal for the Suns because this is their time to go for the jugular.

I think you maximize your chances at a championship with Nash in the last years of his prime.

Suns fan just called in to KTAR and made that point.

I don't think this would be dragging on if Amare wasn't such a fan favorite. I mean KG is a legit superstar in this league and PHX fans are more concerned about losing Amare than they are about getting a bigger superstar. It's a big risk for PHX's front office then because they better win a championship with KG or else the fans will be irate in 2-3 years when both guys have passed their prime and Amare is just coming into his own in Atlanta.