• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information (short)

Sothron

Quote:

I think KT would be headed to Min from reports I read. That would be essential to making the money work agreed. It's also highly desirable from Min's standpoint.

People are saying all Min gets is #3 and #11, but they would probably get one young talent (Shelden or Marvin), plus about $15+M in expirings, which is HUGE. Seems if we sent Marvin we could get the #7 back, and that might allow for Conley.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. The rumor sources are drying up and the "legit" media doesn't know crap either.

I was getting ready to post just that same thing.

We move Marvin, AJ, Lue and Lo, it relieves 14.1 mil. in cap space. We take back #7 and Bracey Wright. Then draft Yi or Conley. If we draft Yi we sign Mo Williams. If we draft Conley we sign a Jarvis Hayes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

point anyways.

Better? Doubtful. Lower ceiling than Yi? Definitely.

W

Yi is not that good. You probably missed my thread on him after i finished watching all the games. Here it is...

No Yi at 3

He just doesn't look like a player to me, just a tall guy, fast guy trying to play.

Sothron i'm just curious what your source is saying here. Steve Kerr and Mike D'Antoni have publicly both said no trade for Amare was even discussed. So who is lying here? I'm confused. Your saying your sources say the deal is very much alive and talks are ongoing eventhough coaches and management of Phx say they've NEVER even discussed trading Amare with the Hawks or Minny. What's the deal? Is Phx just lying or what.

Quote:

Not to mention he's already 22*

I would love to have that cleared up one way or the other. Either Yi really is 19, or he's a bald-faced liar, as Rick Bucher said last night he personally asked Yi what his age is, and Yi said 19.

Quote:

Sothron i'm just curious what your source is saying here. Steve Kerr and Mike D'Antoni have publicly both said no trade for Amare was even discussed. So who is lying here? I'm confused. Your saying your sources say the deal is very much alive and talks are ongoing eventhough coaches and management of Phx say they've NEVER even discussed trading Amare with the Hawks or Minny. What's the deal? Is Phx just lying or what.

They come out looking like roses if no trade goes down, and they are able to tell Amare that they didn't want to trade him. It might cause more trouble if they say "Yeah, we talked about trading you". JMO.

Quote:

Think about it.. what does PHX have to gain by corroborating a trade rumor? This way, if the trade doesn't happen, they won't have aggravated Amare so much?

• Premium Member

Quote:

If a deal is still being discussed involving your All-NBA 1st teamer, and therefore could very easily fall through, what would YOU say?

• Premium Member

You guys answered it better than I could. If this deal for whatever reason falls through then would you want a pissed off All-NBA player on your roster? Not to mention that every GM knowing you were willing to trade him might lower his value in future discussions?

I guess your right but it just seems you would think someone with either Minny or Atlanta would confirm talks are AT LEAST going on to shoot down Phx. comments about NEVER even discussing it to begin with. Shady as hell I guess.

He is probably younger than Yi (few believe Yi is really 19)and he is a high character guy with a terrific work ethic. He has also been playing basketball for a relatively short time as he initially preferred baseball as most kids from the Dominican Republic do. Why in the world won't he get better?

I don't dislike Yi as I don't really know what he will become. But neither do any of Yi's supporters. I simply think Horford is a better pick.

Pure speculation here:

The two owners who want Yi may be working on a media deal that could be worth several million dollars to pipe Hawks games over to China. Second, there is the merchandising side of all this. I know "official" merchandise is shared amongst the teams, but that probably doesn't apply so much in China (intellectual property rights are pirated constantly there). Other deals could include unrelated issues such as getting contracts for shipping, litigation, ect.

In any case, making in-roads into the Chinese market place is a BIG deal. That country has a ton of money and any foothold that an American company can get it should try.

That all said, Amare is by far the better deal for the Hawks from a basketball perspective.

Yi is, IMO, the second. Exodus, by the by ESPN is showing Yi putting the ball on the floor and blowing past his man from just inside the 3 point stripe and jamming. It looks like it was against team USA and whomever wore #7. Does that count for your challenge?