• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think our ownership did screw us in the Amare

AtLaS

deal..

They are now saying Charlotte is getting in on it. I doubt Amare goes to Charlotte, but this just proves it IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong, but our ownership turning down Amare is just absolutely horrible.

I could give a [censored] about the draft if they screwed us this bad, this really pisses me off.

Quote:

deal..

They are now saying Charlotte is getting in on it. I doubt Amare goes to Charlotte, but this just proves it IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong, but our ownership turning down Amare is just absolutely horrible.

I could give a [censored] about the draft if they screwed us this bad, this really pisses me off.

damn right

Guest Walter

Quote:

It's amazing. The no brainer that united the Horford, Yi and Conley factions may have been scuttled by our ridiculous "braintrust". Lord I hope this doesn't turn out to be the case.

banghead.gif

I hope ownership, either Belkin or whomever, wasn't the reason the deal didn't happen. There was a little risk given Amare's injury history and we don't know the actual cost, but I can't imagine not getting Amare if he was really available and we were that close because of owners.

If nothing all Hawks' fans would have been happy.

W

I think the deal is still a possiblity. Sothron told us tuesday that we may have to wait until July for the deal to be finalized since Amare is a BYC.

Assuming we draft Horford at 3 then there is NOTHING the owners are doing to stop an Amare trade. Belkin can't veto the deal and the only hesitation in ownership was that a couple of them wanted Yi at 3 for the $$$$.

Supposedly our ownership was torn over Yi.

I still have no idea what could have happened to change their minds. I mean we're supposedly picking Horford; so the Yi faction lost out. So what happened to the Amare deal?

I don't know how anyone could think that Horford/Law is going to help us more than Amare.

I wish we could find out what in the hell happened.

Quote:

That's why if Yi is selected at 3, we KNOW there won't be a trade and we KNOW our ownership nixed the Amare deal...and we KNOW we have the absolute worst ownership in the NBA.

We won't know for sure that ownership nixed it, but it certainly isn't a reach to assume it.

But if we draft Horford and don't trade for Amare then i have to think that Phoenix was never serious about dealing Amare.

Quote:

I think the deal is still a possiblity. Sothron told us tuesday that we may have to wait until July for the deal to be finalized since Amare is a BYC.

Assuming we draft Horford at 3 then there is NOTHING the owners are doing to stop an Amare trade. Belkin can't veto the deal and the only hesitation in ownership was that a couple of them wanted Yi at 3 for the $$$$.

No offense to Sothron, but I don't really buy any of that information he's given. He hasn't really spilled anything that wasn't already reported. I don't think he's making it up, but his source doesn't seem to know what their talking about.

Quote:

Quote:

deal..

Sorry man but you just didn't really give a reason. Just because Charlotte is in on the deal doesn't mean our ownership screwed us. The reason why Pho/Min would do Charlotte is because they have cap space that we just don't have. I hate our ownership probably more than anyone else, but there isn't a reason that I can think of why our ownership screwed us unless you are including Belkin in our ownership. If you are including Belkin then I can agree, but any other scenario no.

Hopefully you're right, because I can't accept that our ownership (outside of Belkin) did this.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

No offense to Sothron, but I don't really buy any of that information he's given. He hasn't really spilled anything that wasn't already reported. I don't think he's making it up, but his source doesn't seem to know what their talking about.

I posted a list of things that I broke here first that was later picked up. But hey, feel free to believe whatever you want.

Quote:

I hope I'm wrong, but it's getting hard to believe that every news agency reporting that our ownership vetoed the deal is wrong...

I don't buy that at all.

Belkin couldn't veto the trade. Period. The other owners wouldn't veto it because Amare would bring in $$ and give the franchise legitimacy.

If there is a chance to get the Amare deal done i think they will do it.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I posted a list of things that I broke here first that was later picked up. But hey, feel free to believe whatever you want.

I'm not bashing you Sothron and I don't think you've made anything up, I just don't believe most of it. Everything that you've broken was mainly just rumors, but so many things were listed/reported that every boundary was covered. I agree though that BK was probably discussing a lot of deals, whatever.