• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like a solid draft but .....

coat89

Guest Walter

Quote:

after all of the excitement of the last few days, it seems like a letdown. Still got a LOT of youth on this team.

"solid". Letdown? Wait until 2-3 years from now when Yi has passed Horford clearly by and we are looking at the Hawk's team that should of been? You could fill an all-star team with the players we've passed on. Add Yi to that.

W

Quote:

Quote:

after all of the excitement of the last few days, it seems like a letdown. Still got a LOT of youth on this team.

"solid". Letdown? Wait until 2-3 years from now when Yi has passed Horford clearly by and we are looking at the Hawk's team that should of been? You could fill an all-star team with the players we've passed on. Add Yi to that.

W

That makes 2 of us I will bet anyone here that Yi turns out better then Horford and Conley will be better then Law as soon as next season.

Quote:

Quote:

W

Wow. Sour grapes much?

Give them a chance to play before you declare our draft a success or failure so emphatically!

Guest Walter

Quote:

Don't you know. What Wally says
is
reality. He doesn't need to wait for such trivial things as actual games having to been played for him to know that Al Horford will be a career 10 point, 5 rebound player. He knows!!

You can't attack my record. It's been dead accurate about whom we should draft under BK.

Quit being so puny.

W

Quote:

You are mis-spelling the word. It is not "excitement" it is "excrement".

I think after 25 years of supporting the Hawks, I hit my limit ! It started going downhill when we traded 'Nique and we have gone down every year. I am getting very, very drunk right now. By tomorrow I will catch up to Billy -- he had to be drunk tonight.

In ancient days people like Billy would be "drawn and quartered" - look it up. I think we could use four Hummers now a dayz.

Quote:

Wait until 2-3 years from now when Yi has passed Horford clearly by and we are looking at the Hawk's team that should of been? You could fill an all-star team with the players we've passed on. Add Yi to that.

Ok, well now you know why I call you Walterdamus. You have such a stunning ability to foretell the future, it's really quite incredible. shocked.gif

It wasn't a total bust, but it wasn't exactly right either. See last 3 years for examples.

We're good at making an okay call and getting someone who is probably not a bust. Congrats to the Suns for the lottery pick they should have next year...and for keeping Amare.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Ok, well now you know why I call you Walterdamus. You have such a stunning ability to foretell the future, it's really quite incredible.
shocked.gif

Should we not have picked Deng (or Iggy) over Childress, Deron (or Paul) over MW, or Roy (over SW). I feel very comfortable with my ability to tell prospect from pretender. Your sarcasm doesn't refute my record and only suggest you cannot refute it. While it's not perfect (Diaw over Howard), when it counts most I generally get it right. That cannot be said about BK and that trend continues IMO with the drafting of Horford and Law. You don't have to agree but by season's end even Yi will be better than Horford at center. By next year regardless of position. Law just underwhelms me.

We played it "safe AND sorry" as I say. No guts no championship.

W