• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Draft 2007 HS Grade

Dexmethylphenidate

I voted Excellent b/c we shouldn't of even had a 1st rounder tonight and instead had 2 and with those 2 we made the correct selections.

Quote:

I voted Excellent b/c we shouldn't of even had a 1st rounder tonight and instead had 2 and with those 2 we made the correct selections.

Same reason I voted 'Very Good'. I believe we got ourselves two players who could definitely be impactful players for us- in a positive way of course. The only reason I didn't vote 'Excellent' was because we didn't draft Conley Jr., but that was just my own personal preference.

And hey, sometimes you just can't have it all. We as Hawks fans should know that just about as well as anyone. So you learn to take whatever you can get, and any little ray of hope is greatly appreciated on this end. The lottery gods smiled upon us in May, and that should not be forgotten. We got luckier than hell, so I feel pretty happy about what took place tonight.

I voted for B. It didn't go exactly the way i wanted but then i didn't expect it to. However we did avoid several players who are potential busts (Wright, Yi, Crit, Noah) so this draft is more of a relief than anything. I was prepared for the worst.

I think Law is better than people realize.

I voted Pretty Good (And not very good) ONLY because I had high expectations of a big deal going down. Now that the fireworks are gone, I'm 'satisfied' with this. I would like to see a move made during Free Agency possibly moving one or two of this group...

Zaza Pachulia (I think Horford fills his role + more)

Josh Childress

Shelden Williams (I want to give him another year but...?)

Tyronn Lue

Speedy Claxton (If possible?)

Salim Stoudamire

...for a guy like Camby (a long, defensive vet) and a veteran backup wing.

I wonder if Denver would consider Zaza/Speedy/Salim for Camby/filler? Probably not. Hmm...we are stacked right now with players that might not get the minutes to prove their worth.

Law / Claxton (Assuming either AJ or Lue is moved)

Johnson / Childress

Marvin / (Childress)

Smith / Shelden / Jones

Horford / Zaza / Wright

I really think that one of Shelden / Zaza needs to be moved. Preferrably Zaza...

I wonder what a Zaza/Salim/Lue package would get us. A solid backup wing player and future pick?

In order to be a bust you must have potential to be a star. Horford has no star potential. That dude couldn't get a commercial for Gallery Furniture.

We drafted the NFL equivalent of a pulling guard, when you already have a pro bowler at pulling guard.

I can see it now, hundreds of fans going to Hawks.com to buy season tix. "I just gotta see Hoford, Hotford, Hortford..whatever that dude's name is.

Quote:

In order to be a bust you must have potential to be a star. Horford has no star potential. That dude couldn't get a commercial for Gallery Furniture.

We drafted the NFL equivalent of a pulling guard, when you already have a pro bowler at pulling guard.

I can see it now, hundreds of fans going to Hawks.com to buy season tix. "I just gotta see Hoford, Hotford, Hortford..whatever that dude's name is.

Shelden wasn't a "bust" for your reason stated above, that he didn't have "star potential".

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I might come back in about three weeks so all of the negative people will cool off.