• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Blazers are seriously turning around there

SmooveTheFuture

Franchise in a big way. What a draft they had this year. They got Oden, Rudy Fernandez (suppose to be better then MANU), Josh McRoberts a 2nd round steal, Taurien Green another steal. They also drafted Nichols from Syracuse and later traded him to the Knicks. But wow this franchise has turned the corner much faster then the Hawks. You can pretty much say there team is much better then then ours and they have been in the rebuilding process for less years. They have better players and a much better future. This team also has a great owner, GM and coach I wouldnt be surprised if they made the playoffs next year with that team.

Jack/Sergio/Greene/Francis

Roy/Rudy Fernandez/Webster

Webster/Miles/Outlaw

Alridge/Frye/McRoberts

Oden/priz/LaFrentz/Magolire

There roster is down right amazing for the time they have been rebuilding. We need to hire the Blazers GM he has a clue what he is doing.

Quote:

Their problem will be lack of veteran leadership. They are basically Charlotte North.

The leadership will from there coach Nate McMillan. That team is going to grow together as a team. They will have there ups and downs. But I bet you in 1-2 years they are a top 4 team in the west with that kind of talent. Jack Roy Webster Alridge and Oden. With a really deep bench and coach look out western confernce.

They tried that once but it didn't work, granted the Jailblazers were a bunch of malcontents but they were a young and superbly talented team. There just isn't much of a track record of young teams being drafted and growing together without some vet leadership. The Bulls are to only recent example and they won't progress until they get a vet go to guy.

Yeah, that's what happens when you win the lottery in a stacked draft. Luck has as much to do with this as anything else. If the pingpong balls bounced differently and the Hawks got the first pick, everyone would be talking about us hanging banners from the rafters of Philips in a few years.

Not really sure what the point of this thread is.

Rudy Fernandez is my favourite player out of this draft. I really like that Portland team.

Also I think Houston did well with limited picks to get Aaron Brooks and Brad Newell, who are both popular sleeper picks. I think the Aussie Brad Newell will provide some good scoring punch from the bench for a team lacking in depth.

Quote:

Yeah, but they **** up, the Randolph deal.

I disagree. Randolph was seen as the last of the "JailBlazers". I think they wanted to dump Randolph no matter what and make a little more room on their roster - so they got Channing Frye back. Not bad. Francis is a throw away for Portland, he is just not needed with Sergio and Jack there.