• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi Demands a trade!!!

oiatlhawksfan

Quote:

Yi Jianlian

Yi's handlers did everything they could to keep him away from Milwaukee. The Bucks were not permitted to attend any of Yi's workouts and GM Larry Harris did not travel to China to see Yi play in person. According to league sources, Yi's representatives will ask the Bucks to trade Yi on Friday

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...t.rehash/1.html

Comments???

I think that's an extremely selfish move on their part and I feel sorry for Yi that he has to put up with that. I also feel very badly for the fans of the Bucks for this as well. I respect Larry Harris but he made a foolish decision in taking Yi knowing that there could be big problems like this. Now if they can't work something out they will either have a Vasquez type of situation or they will be forced to trade Yi for lesser value.

Let's get on the horn and offer them Marvin Williams and see if they will bite. It seems like a very balanced trade to me as both are very young and promising players and we know Yi wants to play here and our owners want him here and I think it would wash a lot of the stink of the Paul/Deron draft off our franchise if we could parlay Marvin into Yi.

I might be willing to part with either Marvin Williams or a package of Chill/Shelden for Yi/something. Move AJ (or Lue) / Salim for Damien Wilkins.

Mo / Bell

Redd

Childress / Simmons

V / Shelden

Bogut / Gadzuric

----------------------

Law / Claxton

Johnson

Smith / Wilkins

Yi / Jones

Horford / Zaza

I hope we probe the possibilities. We still have two extra players that we have to get rid of (14 contracts, 12 roster spots, and nobody we want to put in NBDL).

I would offer Shelden + (AJ or Lue). Shelden would fit in great next to Bogut, and they might need depth at PG with Mo maybe leaving. We don't really need Shelden anymore, we just drafted him again.

Dumb move by Yi and the Bucks, they should have immediately approached them saying they were going to trade him. In that case Yi could say he's just happy to be in the NBA and then the Bucks could get full value. They're in a tough spot now, I'm sure he'll end up on the West coast, probably the Lakers, there is no chance the Hawks get him

It won't happen, but I would offer Marvin/Horford for Yi/Bogut. Maybe even throw in an expiring contract or two and take a bad contract off of their hands. Or possibly throw in Salim or Solomon. Again, I don't see it as a possibility, but it would be nice. We could start Childress at SF and bring Yi off the bench for some 3/4 time.

Yi didn't demand a trade.

Yi had his representative asking the team to do a trade.

We don't even know if Yi approved of their asking. He

apparently just wants a chance to play in the NBA.

His representatives are driving - - He's just along

for the ride, apparently

They may be in a position that they have to trade him

for this all to work out. But, they have some power, too.

They can simply refuse to trade him - They have the

rights to his contract and if they refuse to trade him,

I don't think any other team in the NBA can simply

run over them and ink him to their team.

A problem, to say the least.

russian.gif

Right. They have first rights to him for 1 year. He could easily pull a Danny Ferry and sit out of the NBA for a year (playing in China of course). He could then return and sign with any team he wants as a free agent. But I really don't see him doing this. He wants to play ball in the NBA. That is the end all at the end of the day. And last time I checked, his agent works for him. He may not fully understand that coming from a communist country, but if he wants to play he will. And the Chinese authority may have the last say, but they really want this to go smoothly and not make them look bad. We very well may see him traded in the near future.

You hit the nail on the head, he's still a citizen of China; therefore he has to follow the rules that his government sets. The Chinese government wants Yi to play for a larger market than Milwaukee, hence the instructed his U.S. agent to make it happen. Yi is a tool of the Chinese government and has very little say in the matter.

Quote:

Let's get on the horn and offer them Marvin Williams and see if they will bite. It seems like a very balanced trade to me as both are very young and promising players and we know Yi wants to play here and our owners want him here and I think it would wash a lot of the stink of the Paul/Deron draft off our franchise if we could parlay Marvin into Yi.

Why, so when Yi isn't producing 20ppg in his second season you can trade him for the next young project at SF? Moving Marvin for Yi only sets you back 2 years.

Guest GHook4

I'm going to post what you said on the "Conley no better than Rajon Rondo thread," because it really applies to you here.

oiatlhawks fan said:

Quote:

Your still defending the dude? Whining isn't gonna get him over here, you can just accept it, we got the 3rd best player in the draft, and a nba ready player.

pillepalle.gif