• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So what Centers are available

Blunt91

Even though hawks Management think Horford & Shelden can play some at Center it is still in our best interest to get a "true" Bigman. So what Centers would be obtainable in a trade or signing?

Darko,Brendan Haywood,Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown, maybe Camby?

Feel free to add anyone that you feel we could obtain.

I'm sure with the right amount of money Pryzbilla might just have to let that go. Hell trade them Lorenzen or shelden plus another point guard or two and make it Pryzbila and Jarrett Jack. Now that would be nice. Atlanta will be respectable again. I didn't think it would ever happen. But we are dam close to getting there with a move like that. tempted.gif

But anyway there are many centers out there that with the right combination of players we stand a good chance of getting. I'd take Kwame Brown here in atl. Bring him back to his own state might motivate him to play even better. I know that lakers really need a good back up for Luke Walton. We could maybe trade marvin for kwame and if that is not enough throw in a pg not named acie law any of the other three would work. xpirate.gif

Pryz has 4 years left on his contract. Unless we are trading Marvin Williams (or Josh Smith), Pryz wouldn't start for us either. Well he might if we plan on having yet another lottery pick on the bench. If we are interested in Pryz, though, Speedy must be included to help with the contract we are taking on.

Now that I think about it. NO to Pryz. The guy has never averaged over 6/7/2 in his career and I don't see him getting any better. That, IMO, isn't worth picking up a 4 year contract at $5-6M per.

I'd rather have 50-60 games of Marcus Camby to be honest.

Lorenzen / Zaza / Salim for Camby?

Quote:

I'd rather have 50-60 games of Marcus Camby to be honest. Lorenzen / Zaza / Salim for Camby?

to be honest, at $8 million a year... even if CAMBY only plays 60 games- i think hes worth it!

i rather have Camby for 60 games $8 million a year than an overpayed center who is locked up for a while.

If we can give away DEPTH (a combination of backup players) for CAMBY... im all for it!

we are in a good position to trade to teams that want expiring contracts. we have several players who will be free agents next year.

BY THE WAY, isint KENYON MARTIN coming back next year?

if so, dont they have too many BIG MEN rite? w/ NENE as well.

I just have no idea what kind of value players like Zaza, Chill, Marvin and Shelden have around the league. It is extremely hard to gauge. I would think Zaza would have some appeal. A guy that can get you 13/7 if you give him 25+ minutes at only $4+M per year for 2 more years. They'd save a bundle on Camby. Wright is an expiring contract to help offset the huge contracts of Martin and Nene. Salim is Salim. Has some value I'm sure but isn't a dealbreaker.

I'd love to find a way to get an 08' 1st.

• Moderators

Remember that the great Joel Pryzbilla averaged 2.0 ppg last season. He averages a career 3.8 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.7 bpg.

He isn't worthless but he isn't a starter on a playoff team either. He is a solid bench player.