• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lights out shooters to trade for

ncthompson11

who would you guys like to see come here that is a lights out shooter that we probably need and that we could get in FA or by trades. The obvious for me would be JJ redick but I think orlando would want to hold on to him. Maybe a guy like Jason Kapono or luther head in houston.

There are alot of them out there like KOBE but that would never happen. But the main issue now is to trade for a center or pick one up in free agency. Then we could try to land a pt guard if possible but that might be trying to squeeze too much out of these owners. So i say next move is to get a legit center period before we worry about anything else.

no way you can say salim is better than JJ. He is arguably one of the best shooter in the NBA right now, and when he receives more minutes only time will tell. He has a little more height than salim so he probably can get his shot off easier. That allen ray guy from villanova would be a guy id like to have.

I would classify Monta Ellis as a lights-out shooter, and he's also at least been rumored to be available....this is what ESPN has to say on his Status Alert on his player profile: Ellis was close to being traded to Atlanta for the 11th overall pick in the draft, but the deal was eventually nixed by Warriors general manager Chris Mullin, the Contra Costa Times reports. (Jun 27)

Anyway, last season he hit .475% of his shots, just behind LeBron, Garnett and Carmelo, and ahead of players like Marcus Camby and Joe Johnson and Lamar Odom and Rip Hamilton and Michael Redd and Manu Ginobili and Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter and a bunch of other 'pretty good' players like that. Ellis has just about as pure a shot as you will ever see.

His three point range isn't quite there yet, but that was pretty much to be expected. He was skinny as a rail when he came into the league, he still is, and his body is nowhere near filled-out yet...and consequently, neither is his strength. I believe he will eventually find the range to be able to hit those 3 pointers on a fairly regular basis.

He was expected to be a project that would take awhile to develop physically enough to become a contributor, but he defied those expectations by becoming a big-time contributor last year, at least offensively.

There are a lot of teams that need shooters more than the Hawks .. namely the Cavs, we need to address the Center problem, and the mediocrity at PG first and foremost. BTW Ncthompson, I love the Skins, Hawks, and Braves too .. really weird, didn't think there was anyone else out there with those three, haha.

buzzsaw do most people think you like the falcons when you tell them you like the braves and hawks? most people ask me that and if im from atlanta. Ive from NC but my aunt lives in athens GA so Ive been to a few hawks games and the braves have always been on TV growing up.

Perhaps, but that's a huge difference in percentage. Based on numbers it's difficult to definitively say Reddick was better than Salim. Anytime you have to count on subjective evidence to prove your point your argument is weaker. We'll see how Reddick does next year.