• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why don't we end the foolishness...

Diesel

Lets trade all of our talent for a guy with 2-3 years left in him and barely give him more talent and less coaching around him than he has had during his whole career. I do miss the days of a 1st or 2nd round playoff debacle.

Oh but what a fun 3 years that would be. Detroit is getting older, Shaq is on his last legs, and Cleveland is a one man show.

It won't happen, but if you think about it - a trade for Garnett is exactly what Miami did to get a Shaq rental. The only difference is that we get to keep Joe and Josh while Miami just got to keep D-Wade. Miami lost Odem and Butler afterall.

Are Joe, Garnett, and Josh better than Shaq and D-Wade?

I'd move the Williams for KG. If we could somehow change KG's opinion of playing for Atlanta, Minnesota might bite on a deal based on Marvin/Shelden/Zaza. Marvin is as good or better than any player in the Golden State deal. I wouldn't trade Marvin for Monta Ellis, Al Harrington or POB. I'd rather have Speedy's contract (assuming he can play) than Al Harrington's $10M. Doesn't Minnesota reportedly like Shelden?

Marv/Shell/Zaza/Speedy/Expiring >>> Ellis/POB/Al/Wright

I'm pretty tough on Al Harrington, I'm just not a fan of his. I think Zaza has more value due to his contract and production. Monta Ellis duplicates what they have in Foye and it has recently been stated that he has some attitude issues. O'Bryant has about zero value right now I'd imagine.

I just can't get the thought out of my mind of this lineup:

Law / Johnson / Smith / KG / Horford

POTENT! Why wouldn't KG want to play with that? A team that he could be a leader of that actually has potential to do big things.

Foye/Brewer/Marvin/Shelden/Zaza is a decent start at rebuilding.

I have high doubts KG would want to come here. Even though if the deal was Horford and Marv plus fillers we would have a legit shot to get to the nba finals cause the east is terrible. Even if KG goes to Phoenix out west its tough going. I wonder if he would go to G.S.?

This one isn't one of your better ideas.

To start, you're going to have to come up with about 5 million more in contracts to make the trade work under NBA slary cap rules. Garnett's contract is a ridiculous 22 million. By my count, (factoring in the slotted salary for the #3 pick) the numbers of the players you have us giving up add up to roughly 17.3.

Second, we're sending them pretty much 2 young players and scrubs for Garnett. Situation reversed - Would you trade Garnett for Marvin Williams & Al Horford? I wouldn't.

Third, assuming that McHale would accept our lowball offer, we are going to have to give up 5 players just to make the salaries work. After the trade, we are going to be at the cap limit. We can't go over the cap per the court ruling so in order to fill out the roster, we'd likely have to bring in a bunch of guys at the league minimum. I don't see us bringing in alot of talent when we can only offer the league min. If Garnett or JJ got injured, we'd be back in the lottery.

I just don't see this one going down...

• Premium Member

Would I trade Marvin and Horford for KG.

I understand that KG is on his last 3 to 5 years.. But the man is a 22/12/6 player. He's never had help in Minny and we put him next to Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, and Acie Law!!!

We lose some of our potential for actual Allstar play...And Yes, I would do it in a heartbeat.

The truth of the matter is that we have a very short time with Joe Johnson. We have an even shorter time with Josh Smith. The championship quality teams do not get players that they have to wait for 4 to 5 years to develop. They always go for sure things and will trade for sure things.

I don't see how many of you could want Amare who is one tumble from being out of the league... and not want KG who has never been injured for a long period of time!

I don't see how you guys could want somebody who doesn't do it one both sides of the ball and would discriminate on KG who does it on every side of the ball.

I don't see how you could cling so hard to Horford and Marvin who have done nothing and not want a living breathing allstar who will be in the hall of fame.

I wasn't stating that I wouldn't trade Marvin & Horford for KG because I would. What I was trying to state (probably not good enough) was that if I had KG on my team, no way would not trade him for Marvin, Horford and fillers.

The big difference in Amare and KG in my mind is $$$. Amare makes 12, KG makes 22. Given the court imposed restrictions on our salary cap, it is going to be tough to do anything with the roster with JJ on a max deal and KG making almost double the NBA maximum amount.

• Premium Member

Well, the reason KG's name has come up in so many trade rumors is because Minny's owner has put an ultimatum to just trade KG.

More than Likely KG ends up in Phoenix for less than Marvin and Horford. Maybe Minny does take a GS offering of Wright and Al...

Unfortunately, it's fun to talk about but our ownership mess won't allow us to get in the KG mix.