• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi has.....

kelston827

scored only 32 points on 29 shots and 18 free throw attempts.

That's a pretty horrible percentage against some pretty suspect defenders.

If he can't consistently and efficiently score against Summer Leaguers, how will he fare against some actual tough defenders??

Also, if he is being scored on at will by Summer Leaguers, how will he manage to slow down some of the most athletic and talented scorers in the world?

Yi's play sure makes it easy to see through the hype -- for some.

Quote:

It's summer league and these games mean nothing, I mean Marvin and Salim dominated it last year.....

Ya seriously Marvin looked good last summer but it meant nothing because he wasnt the same player during the season. Dion Glover won the MVP of Summer league just like Marvin where is he now. SL Means jack S. thats why I dont watch none of it. You got people getting hardons over some of these players when they are playing against bench warmers and rookies give me a break.

• Premium Member

Quote:

anybody remember Marvin breaking his hand last summer?

relax, he isn't a threat to your boy.

I hear you man! These Smoove fans will take any opportunity to bash any threat to smoove faint.gif

Dion Glover did not come close to putting up the numbers in his 3rd summer league that Marvin put up in his second. Marvin was 25 ppg and shooting over 55% and 10 rbg. Glover was something like 16 ppg shooting under 50% and no where near 10 rpg!

It's funny that you Marvin groupies, Always have to throw that out there. Trust me I know he is'nt a threat to Smoove.... That's the least of my worries... I just want him to perform like a number 2 pick, forget him being injured he was'nt the only one who was, Other players on this team where and they still did all they could every game.....

Quote:

It's funny that you Marvin groupies, Always have to throw that out there. Trust me I know he is'nt a threat to Smoove.... That's the least of my worries... I just want him to perform like a number 2 pick, forget him being injured he was'nt the only one who was, Other players on this team where and they still did all they could every game.....

Jesus Christ, you're posting like a drunk 12 year old. I'm generally pretty passive about it, but your abundance of comma splices, horrible grammar, and blatant fan(girl)ism has made your post absolutely atrocious. We have a "preview post" button. Please use it.

Quote:

I hear you man! These Smoove fans will take any opportunity to bash any threat to smoove
faint.gif

Marvin doesn't even play the same position, get over yourself.

Marvin takes flack because he hasn't shown that he was worth the number 2 pick. He's a jumpshooter who shoots horrible percentages. With all the risk that we took in acquiring him, one would expect more, especially since WE ALREADY HAD Smith and Childress. Those 2 should not be the standard, Marvin was supposed to be WAY better than them to justify the selection. Marvin hasn't even proved to be better than Childress yet. Now I'm absolutely hoping Marvin turns it up a notch and starts doing well, but at this point using the #2 on him was a big mistake.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

He's a jumpshooter who shoots horrible percentages.

[/indent]

As oppose to a post player like Smoove who shoots a horrible percentage. Marvin came into the season with a fracture of his off hand that gave him trouble most ofthe season. Give the guy a break like you all give Smoove a break! He is not just a jump shooter and you know it!

Quote:

As oppose to a post player like Smoove who shoots a horrible percentage. Marvin came into the season with a fracture of his off hand that gave him trouble most ofthe season. Give the guy a break like you all give Smoove a break!

They both shoot horrible percentages, but at least Smith contributes with a great all around game. Not having a PG and the horrible offensive scheme that Woody runs has a primary effect on everyone's percentages. Only one player on our main rotation shoots over 50% (Childress, who isn't a scorer), which is HORRIBLE. There is no way to be successful with shooting percentages that bad. I'm really hoping Law helps us out or Speedy can make some kind of a comeback.

Quote:

He is not just a jump shooter and you know it!

Considering that 70% of his shots were jumpers, I'd say he's primarily a jumpshooter. Adding to that, 25% of his shots are "close", and he's blocked 23% of the time on those close shots, meaning he's not a good finisher inside. Also on those close shots, he only shoots 46% which is MUCH worse than any of our main rotation players. So yes, he's a jumpshooter at this point in his career.

Quote:

Quote:

Jesus Christ, you're posting like a drunk 12 year old. I'm generally pretty passive about it, but your abundance of comma splices, horrible grammar, and blatant fan(girl)ism has made your post absolutely atrocious. We have a "preview post" button. Please use it.

Wow you sure told me.....

Guest Walter

Quote:

He better start scoring in the 2nd half or some people are going to owe some money

Horford will easily catch him if his scoring average plummets after that 23 point game

W

Not to get completely off topic here, but after the All Star break, when his hand was closer to 100%, Marvin shot just under 46% from the field. That's comparable to the fg percentages of Kobe Bryant, Michael Redd, Vince Carter, Joe Johnson, etc., and better than those of Gilbert Arenas, Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, Tracy McGrady.

Guest GHook4

Quote:

Not to get completely off topic here, but after the All Star break, when his hand was closer to 100%, Marvin shot just under 46% from the field. That's comparable to the fg percentages of Kobe Bryant, Michael Redd, Vince Carter, Joe Johnson, etc., and better than those of Gilbert Arenas, Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Paul Pierce, Tracy McGrady.

Good point, I'm sure there was a transition for him after the hand injury. Marvin had a very strong all around second half, just like a lot of Hawks. Smoove, Chill, Lue, Shelden, and Solomon all made the best of extra PT.

It happens repeatedly that a player will break out in his third year, most recently Iguodala, Smoove and Kevin Martin. I've got high expectations for Marvin this year.

munching_out.gif

Quote:

Quote:

He better start scoring in the 2nd half or some people are going to owe some money

Horford will easily catch him if his scoring average plummets after that 23 point game

W

and you are a chicken for not wanting to bet before Yi scored 23 points.

When you saw Yi score 23 points you wanted to make the bet, but why not before that game??

CHICKEN?? chicken.gif