• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sothron: Any FA's that the Hawks are targting?

DawsonsCreek

I just wanted to know if you heard any names that the Hawks may or may not be interested in. I havnt really read any names where the Hawks name is mentioned. I imagine they want to see if they have any FA keepers on the summer league team.

Any word on if ATL is pursuing JACK? Not to excited about this 4 pg situation as it stands. We know at least 3 are career backups. Anxious to see LAW in action.

Tks

• Premium Member

I haven't heard anything about specific names. With the judge's ruling like it is and the inability to exceed the cap I still believe our most likely chance of roster turnover is through a trade of our expiring contracts and possibly Chill for some kind of upgrade at center or a veteran point.

We need to keep chil to back up JJ. Why don't they just trade Shelden. We have Horford now to take Shelden's place. I say we trade Shelden and Salim. I just can't bare the thought of Salim out there trying to defend the 6'7" shooting guards of the league. He can shoot but man he is just tooooo short to be a SG.

• Premium Member

The Amare trade was going to happen until Kerr changed his mind. We were going to trade #11 to Toronto for Calderon and a package including #3 for Gasol but when Memphis backed out of the deal we decided against trading for Calderon.

• Premium Member

Sources confirm that we almost Chillz traded for Kobe. Apparently, Jelly Bean Bryant and Mike Woodson are third cousins. They were talking on the telephone and Jelly Bean offered to get Kobe in a Hawks Uniform if the Hawks would give up Chillz. When BK heard this he was too excited. However, at the last moment, Kobe, said "You must be crazy as hell if you think I'm going to play in Atlanta." This information never made it to the newspapers because it's inside information, but the deal was so close that BK almost called Chillz, but he couldn't find his number because Chillz is not in his t-mobile myfaves 5 like Marvin.

drink.gif

Quote:

Sources confirm that we almost Chillz traded for Kobe. Apparently, Jelly Bean Bryant and Mike Woodson are third cousins. They were talking on the telephone and Jelly Bean offered to get Kobe in a Hawks Uniform if the Hawks would give up Chillz. When BK heard this he was too excited. However, at the last moment, Kobe, said "You must be crazy as hell if you think I'm going to play in Atlanta." This information never made it to the newspapers because it's inside information, but the deal was so close that BK almost called Chillz, but he couldn't find his number because Chillz is not in his t-mobile myfaves 5 like Marvin.

drink.gif

and now you feel slighted.

how cute. comp1.gif

Guest GHook4

Quote:

drink.gif

What do you have against Sothron man? He's never given you or anyone else a reason to doubt him. It's really not even funny how many times I've logged onto espn.com, Yahoo sports, insidehoops, etc. and seen a rehashed version of something Sothron's posted.

1. The ownership squabble about Yi vs. Horford (Yahoo)

2. Trade for Amare (ESPN)

3. Interest in Wright/Critt (Chad Fraud. Soth posted this like a week before Fraud.)

Instead of worrying about Sothron making stuff up why don't you quit hiding and go respond to this thread: http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....&fpart=1#238546.

Let me paraphrase it. You said:

Quote:

OK Beav, I agree, they will make every effort to trade Zebo... BUT after his latest run in with the Law and with his what 64 million dollars left on his deal... WhO... I said WHO...I SAY WHO will trade for Zach?? YOu were hoping that BK would be stupid enough to do it BUT BK countered your offer and said Aldridge, Jack, and the 08 first.

So again.. WHO will trade for Baggage and 64 million dollars left?

Wake up to reality Beav. Zach is going to be a Blazer until his blazer days are over. Get used to him. if you couldn't trade him during the last season when he had allstar buzz, he won't get traded. Beav, come up with a name? Who will you trade him to? Isiah doesn't want him? Philly doesn't want him. Hell, you can't get Golden State to trade you Foyle and Pietrus...

Who?

So you can get your clippings. Get the Oregonian and whatever other paper you want. The Lumberjack times... and show me 1 suitor for Zach.

Who?"

Then Randolph got traded. And you're worried about Sothron?

pillepalle.gif

• Premium Member

I find it funny that as soon at the picks are gone, Atlanta is no longer the lead story on Hoopshype... That all the sudden Ron's sources stop talking!

Next time "Ron's Sources" says anything, make sure you check Hoopshype immediately. There's no inside guy just a writer for Hoopshype.

Dude relax men, I check hoopshype everyday and their articles are pretty much what you read in the papers or espn.com. Sothron has had some great inisghts on this site. I think your are just mad diesel because you post 1 billion times to get everybody's attention, but everybody seeks Sothron's insights. Go get some real sources diesel instead of making up trades you came up with in your dreams the night before and I will ask you questions, or seek your insights. You sound real jealous right now, Sothron is overshadowing your 80 million posts.