• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sac - Milwaukee - Atlanta?

Diesel

• Premium Member

That's basically the way I have seen it. I think a move of Marvin for the right players would give our roster some clarity.

Horford is not a C, he's a prototypical PF... and While Marvin is a prototypical Sf, he's not a better Sf than Smoove. And while Smoove has the strength to play PF, he definitely lacks the technique and the desire to play down low offensively.

So when you look at us play, we have everybody either around the perimeter or in the midcourt with no slashing going on and no post offense. I mean, Zaza tries, but he's not that efficient. And Shelden is good at wiping up the mess, but he could use a PG who can get him the ball in his spots (mainly, he needs Order)..

Now Hawes is definitely young, he needs to eat, get stronger, but he has a lot of potential and he's already 7'0 and goes about 235. If he get about 10-12 more pounds on him by next year, I think he can easily be a Fundamentally sound C offensively.

how can you make that claim? Because there are fewer offensively minded fours in the East, and indeed the League, (in comparison to offensive minded 3's), thus making the position 'easier' to defend?

or because being on the wing, and thereby having more room to 'run', increases his weakside blocks (I have no idea if this is true, maybe there's a stat that would elaborate on it, if so, feel free)...

but bottom line, he's not really a 'good' defender at either position...

diesel has a motive behind putting smoove at 3:

a) that'll make marvin a backup, which he'd LOVE (just so he's right about drafting marv)

b) shelden could start, which would make him right about drafting shelden

he doesn't care about which makes the hawks better, just which makes him 'look right in his uber-scouting'

• Premium Member

Because Smoove can play just like Shawn Marion.

Smoove doesn't have to be left at PF... He only went there out of convenience.. Go back to 2005.. we pick Paul instead of Marvin. Guess what position Smoove plays: Sf.

• Premium Member

Actually, I don't see the advantage of playing Smoove out of position and watching real PFs abuse him in the post...

IS THAT BEST FOR THE TEAM??

About your points.. Like it or not, both Smoove and Shelden will be playing anyway.

Shelden plays Center, finished last season with rookie of the month at C... with a run of double doubles.

Smoove is our second best player. He will also play.

MY focus is putting the best people in their positions.

Seeing that we drafted Horford, it only makes sense to play him in his best position which is PF.

Why is it that Marvin gets this pass.. He's taking up space that Smoove could be playing and playing more productively.

Yet, we're willing to sit back and LIE about players positions to keep up this Charade about Marvin.

You say that I'm not concerned with what's best for the Hawks..

Please explain how playing players out of position to justify a dumb pick better for the Hawks than playing players in their right positions??