• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Trade of the Day.

Diesel

I would do your deal,but I'd rather have Theo than Raef.Do

you first deal and bring Raef off the bench or start him at

PF and move Shareef to SF.

I like Lafrentz but for theo no way. As for Big Dog, he plays the game we need, a scorer with a nice jumper but i don't think he would adapt to being the third option.I doubt he would. Besides he is horribly weak on defense and would not help team chemisty.

Theo

LaFrentz

SAR

DJ

JT

Not bad. La Frentz is a very good perimeter shooter so it would be hard for teams to double Reef in the low post. Your Swatlanta fantasy could even be realized (ha ha). Of course all that is fantasy because I can't imagine why Dallas would gie up LaFrentz for Kukoc/#1.

• Premium Member

The key is that with:

Lafrentz, SAR, Big Dog, Slim, and JT we would be a huge offensive force.

Why does Dallas do it?

Dallas is a win now team. Lafrentz needs to be resigned and I don't think Dallas would do it. Toni comes in and gives them immediate help at the 3/4 positions. At the 5, I expect that they will make a big move to try and get Alonzo Morning out of Miami. NVE and another player will be sent in exchange for Morning. Miami would be foolish not to hear Dallas out.

So they would be:

Morning, Dirk, Toni, Finley, and Nash!! That's a win now kind of team.

Trading Theo for Raef is bad.WHile Raef is ok,people seem

less scared of him than they are of Theo.He did nothing to

help Dallas in their postseason run.

• Admin

While Theo might be more talented and a better overall player. If we can make a trade that gets us someone comparable that doesn't have the injury baggage that Theo has, we should do it, period. I have faith that he will come back this season and be productive for us. But it's stupid to ignore the high probability that he will not or the possibility that he will go down again in the future. It's not just apples and oranges here. Nobody has been afraid of Theo for 2 years now either.

The bottom line of my trade is that we trade Theo and Toni, we get back Raef and Big Dog. Regaurdless of how you feel about Raef...

He's better than Nazr. He's more dependable than Theo.

The part that really kicks Butt is that Both Raef and Big Dog can score. We would automatically put ourself in contention to win the East.

Raef, SAR, Big Dog, SLim, JT.

just compare them to......

McCollough, Kmart, Van Horn, Kittles, and Kidd.

then to

Battie, Walker, Pierce, Anderson and whoever is their 2.

then to

Wallace, Cliffy, Barry, Stack, and their PG.

We're right there with the best teams in the East... No Doubt.