• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it me......

Diesel

That's what I mean by Pete didn't build a team of players who'll complement each other. JT has basketball talent around him, it's just on a team wit 3 20pt scorers who play shoddy & or nonexistant Defense & a SF who thinks he is the best thing since minute rice, We lack Chemistry. JT will get his points, just on the sheer fact that he has the ball in his hands. Reef will get his points only if Bog{My new nickname for Ball Hog Big Dog} doesn't take all his shots. Big Dog has to go though, we should trade him for a 1st or even a 2nd rounder.....With all the Basketball talent available in this yrs. draft, we could get a future all-star in the second rd! Or at least a pretty good complement player.

~Peace

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"That's why every sports writer in the nation who writes anything about teh Hawks says "we need a REAL pg".

who are these people? Sportswriters, esp. ones outside of the city of Atlanta, never watch the Hawks, much like they rarely watch the Warriors, though the latter has much more of a basketball fan base/town...

so with Arenas, why does a 5'5 player often get put in at crunch time to run the show? Sure, he gets credit for playing well during those times, yet Arenas is the guy people talk about in free agency...

the double double numbers were a very interesting stat...I mean, those are pg's who aren't lacking double doubles based on thier inability to get the points end of it...

on a side note, it's very difficult for JT, or any pg, to get fast break/alley oop type passes on this team considering the supporting cast running the break...

I'm not saying he's the best thing since sliced bread, but he's a good player, an above average pg (see the assists last year without "great shooters" like GRob...having Ira and DJ at the two)...

I'm hearing you, and it is still bull! I'm sorry, but if a player supposedly lacks court vision and the ability to lead an offense, then he's not going to get 7.4 assists per game.

Glenn Robinson is having the worst shooting percentage of his career, so JT is not getting the benefit of having a 46% shooter at small forward.

You can't convince me that JT is not a point guard and will never be a point guard when Gilbert Arenas, Stephon Marbury, and Steve Francis are playing point guard, and Sam Cassell plays it part of the time, because of that group, only Marbury averages more assists per game and has a better assist to turnover ratio.

Well Chilz I do watch the games almost all like you, and I don'

t see why JT can't be a PG. What I do see is a guy who is trying to be a traditional PG when he is not. I see a guy who is best when the team is moving up and down quickly, but its hard when u have slow A$$es like Dogg and SAR. Not to mention not one high flying athletic guy on the team.

I see a PF who stands out on the perimeter all the time instead of working hard to get position. I see coaching staff that gave up on JT along time ago and they try to take the ball out of his hands. Which is idiotic considering he is at his best with the ball in his hands. He shouldn't be giving the ball to Big ( I turn the ballover) Dogg and running off of screens. JT doesnt do this by himself; they are coach called plays. I see Jt driving to the lane and the shooters leave him absolutely no outlet to pass, for they have horrid spacing. Lenny Wilkens who's opinion I do respect says Jt can be a good PG.

This team sucks not because of JT, but because everything about this team sucks. I will list them for you lazy, unathletic, can't play defense, no plan, hang other players out to dry, poor coaching, heartless, lack toughness, no intensity, no desire, no passion for the game, out of shape, and finally selfishness.

This is why this team sucks and I can only pick out 1 or 2 of them that have to do with JT. So you can give the B.S about bringing in a good PG, but no PG is going to fix all that.