• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Strange, isn't it.

The good stuff doesn't translate to the NBA.

But, on the other hand, any thing bad does.

Strange.

hide.gif

[/indent]

Even though this is meant in sarcasm it is accurate. If a player sucks in summer league, he sucks, you can bet your ass he will suck in the NBA.

If he is good, maybe he will be good in the NBA.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Even though this is meant in sarcasm it is accurate. If a player sucks in summer league, he sucks, you can bet your ass he will suck in the NBA.

There you have it folks! Oden will suck in the NBA! munching_out.gif

Quote:

Quote:

There you have it folks! Oden will suck in the NBA! munching_out.gif

Good thing we didn't get stuck with that 1st pick!

Quote:

Shelden Williams is going to prove alot of hater/doubters wrong...

Shelden was one of the top rookies in the league last year prior to hurting his shoulder...and he came back strong at the end of last year winning rookie of the month...

He's our BEST post defender and defensive rebounder. PERIOD. He's a leader/winner and he play very, very hard..

This is a DEEP and talented team now...If Marvin ascends and speedy stays healthy...PLAYOFFS!

What have you been smoking?????

Quote:

Quote:

On a nightly basis from Shelden this year. At least 20 points, at least 10 rebounds, and somewhere around 85% shooting from the field.

uglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gifuglyhammer.gif

Where can I get some of the stuff you are smoking?

Pretty much anywhere. Just go down to the local drug dealer and ask him for an ounce of sarcasm.

I honestly think that Shelden is good enough to average close to 10 ppg and 10 rpg in the NBA if you play him 35 minutes a night.

The problem is, I don't think he's good enough to warrant giving him that much time. I think, best case scenario, he'll probably be more like an 8 and 8 player for us next season, hopefully as a backup PF/C.

Well, I am anti-Shelden, but I'm hoping he does average a double double. I can't hold it against him that BK didn't play the draft right. My question is, if a player doesn't average 20 PPG is he a terrible player? If that player is 19/20 years old, does he suck even if he averages a hollow 13PPG (in the NBA....not the local Y team).

Marvin and Shelden are both maligned, here's hoping they both live up to some of their advanced clippings! If Shelden sucks Monday, will the glee club be quite as strong?

Quote:

This is summer league. It's glorified wind sprints and shooting drills. The numbers DO NOT TRANSLATE to the NBA.

If they were totally useless the NBA wouldn't bother doing it. There are things that you can evaluate in summer league and it gives you a template on how to approach training camp in October.

I think Shelden is a 13-15/8-11 guy in the NBA for a long, long time...not to mention being a very solid post defender, screener and leader...

He was a bit of reach at 5, I agree, But once the word got leaked BK didn't really have much bargaining power at that point...BK shot himself in the foot by letting it leak out.

However, I think in the end he did the right thing by drafting the guy he wanted.

Quote:

If they were totally useless the NBA wouldn't bother doing it. There are things that you can evaluate in summer league and it gives you a template on how to approach training camp in October.

It's only useless when someone hates the particular player and they are doing well.

If that player isn't doing so well, it means EVERYTHING.

There seems to be a pattern where summer league success doesn't really guarantee regular season success, but summer league failure is never a good sign.

So basically, what summer league does for me as a fan is help me know what kind of expectations are realistic going into the season...and if Law struggles for the entire summer league, for instance, there's a good chance we'll see a slow adjustment in the regular season.

That's why I'm glad to see Shelden put up some big time numbers, because last year he did almost nothing in the SL and then did almost nothing until the last month of the regular season. Hopefully this performance is a sign that what he did at the end of the regular season wasn't a fluke, that he will be able to build on his success.

Law hasnt struggled during the Summer League according to the people that have actually seen him play. Everyone has said he looks great, but you just keep knocking him.

And Shelden played well the 1st month of the year too. 7 points, 6.6 Rebounds, and almost a block per game. Nothing wrong with that from a Rook in his 1st games of his career.

Did your friend go to the Hawks game again last night, vdunk?

I didn't get a report from Saturday's game but I'm hoping to get one on Monday. As for Law, he's 6-22 from the field so far. That's about 27%, which is not encouraging to me - especially for a guy with a reputation as a great scorer.

And all I've heard is that he looked better than his box score suggests - which to me just means that he's done a good job running the team and hasn't looked overmatched out there, not that he looked great necessarily.

To be fair, though, 10 assists and only 4 turnovers in the first 2 games is encouraging, and I'm glad to here that he looks okay even while shooting such a low percentage. But for a guy with a rep as a great scorer in college, I'd like to see him make some shots, too.