• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RMR - Monday vs. Dallas

vdunkndunk

Report so far (halfway through second quarter):

SHELDEN:

Not trying to do stuff he can’t do...taking what’s there....looks a lot better once again than he did in the first game....probably has 6 or 8 points so far (halfway through the second quarter).

LAW:

Continues to look more comfortable running the offense, but still having trouble creating his own shot...hit some jumpers but also got blocked and missed a layup.

SOLO:

Looks the same as ever...very athletic but wild...already got called for goal tending.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news...Law finished off the second half strong. Apparently this is the best he's looked so far...shots that weren't falling in the first two games are falling for him...he's also being more aggressive and getting some better shots....looks like the best player on the court today. I didn't get the score, though, and I dind't get a report from Saturday.

Quote:

How are you listening to the game b/c Utahs 1320 Kfan sucks. Their not even talking about the game.

I've got a friend there who gave me a call. All I know is what I've already posted, but he sounded very upbeat about Law, which is making me feel a lot better.

Basically, he just said Law keeps looking more and more comfortable as the PG, and that today he's started to score better too. Said he was the best player on the court in the first half, so you can't ask for much more than that.

Quote:

Quote:

How are you listening to the game b/c Utahs 1320 Kfan sucks. Their not even talking about the game.

I've got a friend there who gave me a call. All I know is what I've already posted, but he sounded very upbeat about Law, which is making me feel a lot better.

Basically, he just said Law keeps looking more and more comfortable as the PG, and that today he's started to score better too. Said he was the best player on the court in the first half, so you can't ask for much more than that.

Great. I cant wait to see Law, JJ, Smoove, Marvin, and Horford all on the floor together. That is going to be fun to watch IMO. Probably very frustrating at other times though due to youth being served. frown.gif

SALT LAKE CITY (July 16) – Maurice Ager went a perfect 3-for-3 from the field for the Dallas Mavericks and the Atlanta Hawks scored 16 of their 19 points of the first quarter in the paint as the Mavericks led through one, 22-19, on day three of the RMR. Atlanta’s rookie Acie Law made his third consecutive start while newcomer Al Horford watched from the bench in street clothes.

The game was close through the second quarter, ending with a 44-40 advantage to the Mavericks. Law put in 14 points and Shelden Williams dropped in ten points and grabbed five boards for the Hawks. The Mavericks didn’t have a single player in double figures, although all but one Dallas player that hit the floor in the first half scored.

Atlanta took the lead in the third with three minutes to go and finished the quarter on top 62-55. The Mavericks went dry from the field, scoring just 11 points in the ten minute quarter. Despite shooting barely 40 percent on the quarter, the Hawks won the battle of the boards and put backs.

The game remained close through all four quarters and with a minute left in the game the Hawks remained in front 77-75 after a three-pointer by Dallas’ Ager. Up four points at the 11.9 second mark, Dallas came out of a timeout with a play for Ager at the top of the key. Ager missed the long range jumper and Atlanta ended it with two free throw makes by Law.

Law led the Hawks to the 83-77 win with 24 points, five assists, and six rebounds. He made 12-of-13 free throw attempts. Williams came close to a double-double with 20 points and nine rebounds. Dallas had four players in double-digits. Ager poured in 16 points, Jose Barea put in 15 and eight assists, Brandon Bass added 13 points and five boards, and Nick Fazekas finished with 12 points, including one three-pointer.

Thanks. 9 assists for the team the whole game doesn't look too good. Looks like Law was taking it to the hole and drawing plenty of fouls. Nothing wrong with that. He did waht he needed to deliver the win. Tonight, he needed to score and he did it. Last game, he was a good facilitator. Isn't this what we want? Someone who gets the job done? Yes, only sumer league but it has to start somewhere, let's just hope it doesn't finish here.

Very good news. This is the kind of game I've been waiting for from Law, the kind of game that will really make me feel better about him during that long wait between the SL and the regular season. Nice to see that his shot started to fall and he still put up some nice assist numbers too. Also, it really sounds like everyone who seems him in person is coming away impressed...so that's encouraging as well. A couple more games like this and I'll be on the Acie bandwagon.

And Shelden with another great game. According to what my friend said, he still played kind of ugly, but it was good ugly...he was playing within himself and just took advantage of his opportunities. I really believe the place Shelden can make a major contribution to the Hawks is as a rebounder, a screener, an intelligent defender, and a take-what-the-defense-gives-you offensive player...hit your open jumpers, grab some offensive rebounds and put backs, get some cuts to the basket, run the floor, make your free throws, etc.

Quote:

Law led the Hawks to the 83-77 win with 24 points, five assists, and six rebounds. He made 12-of-13 free throw attempts. Williams came close to a double-double with 20 points and nine rebounds. Dallas had four players in double-digits. Ager poured in 16 points, Jose Barea put in 15 and eight assists, Brandon Bass added 13 points and five boards, and Nick Fazekas finished with 12 points, including one three-pointer.

I had that feeling about Law. Well fellas I think we have our point guard. I can't wait to see Law and JJ down the streght during a close game. They can double team JJ if they want too. Shelden is still doing his thing. Damn Solo what is going on with you?