• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Poll: Acie Law

chillzatl

The first time i watched Acie play was against Kansas back in Feb. Here is what i wrote then..

Quote:

I don't watch a lot of college bball but i have been lucky in the games i have watched. First i saw that Texas-OSU thriller and last nights game was a classic too.

Kansas seemed in control the whole way and led by 10 late but then Law took over and brought them back for the win. wow.

Law had a very good game. He had 23 pts on 50% shooting, 7 assists and 2 steals and only two turnovers. Keep in mind that Kansas is ranked 6th and plays very tough defense.

Most of the game Law wasn't really looking to score, although he did when shots were available. Mostly he was looking to set everyone else up. his drive and dish is totally different from Speedy. Speedy drives too deep and leaves his feet to pass, allowing the defense to anticipate his passes. Law drives and then fakes a shot. When the defense reacts to the fake he kicks it out. He did this several times and was very effective.

Oddly he shoots from the outside with his left hand and shoots his floater right handed. The announcers said that he shot everything right handed when he was young until he broke his right hand. Then he started shooting from the outside with his left hand.Strange.

All through the game the announcers were talking about Law's reputation as a clutch scorer and he showed why. I really though the game was over until he had two 3 pt plays close together. On one play he hit a floater in the lane and got fouled. Then he got an inbounds pass behind the line and did a couple of jab steps before making a 3. He also hit a pullup off the glass, made the key free throws to ice it. I think he had another mid-range shot in there too, all in the last few minutes.

click

Quote:

My opinion remains the same: he was a good pick at #11 and he was the most NBA ready PG in the draft. Two years from now Critt may be a better player but we need product more than potential as a franchise right now.

I voted the same way. My thoughts exactly.

Quote:

Quote:

My opinion remains the same: he was a good pick at #11 and he was the most NBA ready PG in the draft. Two years from now Critt may be a better player but we need product more than potential as a franchise right now.

I voted the same way. My thoughts exactly.

I think he is the best overall (passing and scoring) PG in the draft. Felt good about him at draft time and summer league did not change my mind.