• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Suns cutting more payroll

coachx

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/472...icks_to_sonics/

Suns trade K. Thomas / 2010 1st rd pick for Seattle 2nd round pick / $8 million trade exception

Wow ! For a team that needs low post depth and is just a hair away from winning it all this suprises me.

Granted this gets Phoneix out of having to pay any luxury tax but........Phoneix just traded away the 24th pick of this years draft for nothing and now they are giving way their 2010 pick.

Nash could be retired by the 2010 off season and the 1st round pick sure would come in handy.

I'm

yeah, but at this point I'm not sure they want him to...I mean, they literally signed the older version, who WAS better in all facets player, in Grant Hill for the vet miniumum...ouch

Diaw's new (Suns) Delta House name is Albatross (see Coleridge), as in, man, Diaw is the Albatross around the Sun's cap space...they're literally giving away first round picks in order to compensate for it's weight...

• 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Diaw's new (Suns) Delta House name is Albatross (see Coleridge), as in, man, Diaw is the Albatross around the Sun's cap space...they're literally giving away first round picks in order to compensate for it's weight...

Never thought about it that way. They'll eventually recieve 2 picks from us, but they've basically given them away.

Any way you look at it the trade is essentially Diaw for Johnson at this point.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Never thought about it that way. They'll eventually recieve 2 picks from us, but they've basically given them away.

Any way you look at it the trade is essentially Diaw for Johnson at this point.

Not really. It is more like Diaw + our unrestricted 2008 pick + cash for JJ + Phoenix's 2008 pick

Our pick is worth a lot more than theirs.