• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sweep is a strong possibility!

KB21

I'm very confident that the Braves can take 2 out of 3 from the Mets, if not outright sweep them after winning the game tonight. With Smoltz and Hudson going in the next two games, the Braves are in great shape.

Buddy Carlyle did a good job tonight, but he tired out in the 5th inning. The bullpen did a fantastic job tonight though.

Also, I wonder if there are still some fans that doubt Yunel Escobar's ability at short stop?

Was wondering about Escobar recently. If Andruw walks, I wonder if Kelly could be moved back to left field so that Escobar could play 2nd. Kelly is my favorite Brave, but I think he is limited defensively at 2nd. He's adequate there, and his bat makes him a very effective starting 2bman, but Escobar would be an upgrade. Braves could also consider trading Renteria.

Kelly will reamin at 2nd...Renteria will probably be traded either this winter or by the trade deadline next year...We're getting a look at the future at short and 2nd...

I believe Andruw and Tex will remain Braves...Hampton's big salary comes off the books next year as well and the new ownership has reportedly commited to giving JS the resources he needs for the team...

Frenchy, Escobar, Kelly, McCann...it's gonna be these guys team moving forward...youth movement is in effect!

I agree the Philly series is going to be tough on the team. James is the key, if he can go six innings and give up less than 4 runs then I think we have a chance.

Are we facing Cole Hammels in the series?

<PS I am recovering from a seperated shoulder right now so my thoughts, spelling and typing is going to off for a while>

Bases loaded, no outs, 9th inning... and we couldn't even tie the game. Opportune time for Jeff to suddenly forget he was the hottest hitter in baseball, and kudos to Andruw for effectively killing the rally. I'm gonna be sick.

On that note, what a wonderful time for Andruw to suck it up in his contract year. We all know hes leaving, the least he could do for us before he bolts is to perform likes he playing for that next $100 million contract. Matt Diaz should have been pinch-hitting for Druw.

I think Rafael Soriano was great at the start of the year and will eventually regain his form, but this guy has to be moved out of the 8th inning role from now on. I don't know what has happened to him over the past month, but a guy that was nearly unhittable at the start of the season is now a guy who will give up a home run at the most inopportune time. It's time to put Peter Moylan in that role. Peter has done nothing but get people out since he started the season on a slow note, and he's earned the opportunity to be the 8th inning set up man, if not the closer in the 9th inning.

Soriano and Dotel are two guys that tantalize with their talent, but they scare the hell out of me right now with their home run tendencies. It's bad enough that we can't really count on our starting rotation behind John Smoltz and Tim Hudson. It's even worse that we can't rely on an overworked bullpen.

Agreed. Moylan should be seriously considered for a set-up or closer role at this point. He just goes in and does a fantastic job. Easily our best relief pitcher.

Not sure what's up with Soriano. Whatever it is, I just hope he remedies it asap, cuz its depressing to see someone who was so dominant become this unreliable.

And I really wish the Phillies would go away. I feel incredibly uneasy that we keep playing musical chairs with the Phillies in the NL Easy standings.

bullpen nearly blows it again. Thank god they didn't. shocked.gif

With 2 horrible pitchers and 1 serviceable pitcher going for the Phillies series, I'm hoping we can somehow squeak out 2 wins. Sweeping the Filthies would be an absolute godsend if it happened.