• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anderson Varejao

Swatguy

I was about to make a post about Anderson. While we wouldn't shouldn't give up too much to get him. I think he is deffinetley worth signing. He brings the hustle factor this team has with the recent finals experiance that this team is lacking. He adds another young player to add to our already strong core of players along with adding an athletic complement to Smoove in our frontcourt. Yes, he is very similar to Joakim Noah(with experiance though!!!)but Al Horford played so well in college with Noah. Getting Verejao could make Al's transition to the NBA game even easier. If we can get him at the right price, why not?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes, he is very similar to Joakim Noah(with experiance though!!!)but Al Horford played so well in college with Noah. Getting Verejao could make Al's transition to the NBA game even easier. If we can get him at the right price, why not?

How many forwards do you think that we need on this team?

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, he is very similar to Joakim Noah(with experiance though!!!)but Al Horford played so well in college with Noah. Getting Verejao could make Al's transition to the NBA game even easier. If we can get him at the right price, why not?

How many forwards do you think that we need on this team?

We have alot of wings on this team. But we still lack big men(on a positive note, not as bad as we have in recent years). Anderson is a big man.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We have alot of wings on this team. But we still lack big men(on a positive note, not as bad as we have in recent years). Anderson is a big man.

Zaza, Wright, Horford, Jones, S. Williams, & Smith aren't enough big men for you?

Quote:

Quote:

Zaza, Wright, Horford, Jones, S. Williams, & Smith aren't enough big men for you?

It's good, and as I said much better than in recent years. I would just like to have more experianced athletic, dirty work big man. I don't know if Soloman(who I am very high on)is ready for big minuets. And even though Smoove has proven to play stronger down low at the end of last season(which is great!!!) most of his game is still a wing. So if you take both of those guys somewhat out of the equation we are left with above average athleticisum at best. And plus, with the injuries suffered by us last year. Why not add as much talent/depth as possible? Especially at a position where most of the banging is done.

• Premium Member

Quote:

And plus, with the
injuries suffered
by us last year. Why not add as much
talent/depth
as possible? Especially at a position where most of the banging is done.

We have 14 players under contract next year! only 12 can be on the active roster!