• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Marcus & Lebron James

I wanted some feedback on these two players Chris Marcus West KY, and Lebron James, who I know nothing about, but everyone thing is the second coming of Jesus. I have see Marcus and although he lacks a lot of fundamentals, and dosen't score anywhere as easily as he should, does show great potential and is the only player (save Eddy Curry) who looks like he could battle Shaq someday.

I think when we miss the playoffs we will be in decent position to draft and trade to get both. But, are they worth it ????

This is all you need to know about Lebron James.

The Numbers: Averaged 25.2 points, 7.2 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 3.8 steals per game last season.

He's 6'7" and 215. More important than anything is the 3.8 steals a game.....Not only does he have Kobe like offensive skills, he already plays solid D.

Beat Lenny Cooke one on one.

Playing at Oakhill academy is the rest. You don't go there unless you're real good and he's dominating.

sorry, meant playing against oak hill academy. he plays for St vincent-St mary's.

Oak hill had 8 division-1 recruits....St. Vincent - St Mary's...2...10 division 1 recruits in the same game. Not spoiled little rich kids.

and the stats are exactly the point....the games are typically only 40 minutes and the players usually only play 30 ish minutes a game.

He's the real deal.

yo Blackhawkdown, go to EBAY.COM and type in LEBRON JAMES and u will be amazed.

his autograph is already on sale as a HIGH SCHOOLER (better get them while its cheap, rite?).

The guy had a practice with the CLEVELAND CAVS. While he didnt DOMINATE, he did hold his own ground (good for a highschooler). Hes an all around player and his shot is sweet.

Not one hole in his game. He shoots a high percentage. The Cavs were so impressed with his game, dont be surprised if they are SUDDENLY the worse team in the NBA this year (to higher their chances with the lottery).

They say that KOBE wasnt this good at his age. Look for him to be top 2 pick (2nd pick if the first GM is stupid and decides to go with someone else).

WORSE CASE- hes gonna be an allstar (w/o injuries. Who knows if a GRANT HILL might happen to him).

BEST CASE- most dominant SG since the old MJ days.

as a JUNIOR in highschool. The kid got invited to play with Jordan, BY JORDAN, last summer when Jordan was planning his comeback after his SOPHOMORE year in highschool. I understand he held his own during that time as well. Shaq has gone to watch this guy play in highschool as have other NBA stars and he has NBA scouts at EVERY game he plays.

Now does all that mean he is the next Jordan, the next Kobe Bryant or even the next Paul Pierce? Certainly not. He has a lot of improving to do before he gets to that level. What it does mean however is that the kid is incredibly talented and he has a chance to be a great player who could be mentioned in the same breath with those guys one day.

I actually think all the hype surrounding James is unfair. If he is not sensational as an NBA rookie, they will be calling him a disappointment just like they did with Kwame Brown this year. In all likelihood, James won't be ready to be a great player until he's at least 22 ala T Mac, Kobe and others.

As far as Marcus goes, he was injured most of last year but he got dominated by Curtis Borchardt of Stanford in their head to head matchup. Marcus is HUGE but he is nowhere near agile enough to do anything with Shaq. NOBODY is big enough or strong enough to matchup with Shaq. Eddy Curry has a LONG way to go before he had better even think about banging with Shaq in the low post (although I think that eventually, he will have as good a chance to somewhat contain Shaq as anybody).

I have been saying that Theo is key if he returns to form he will be major bait. And if we have sense enough to lose this season we can get a decent pick. If we are skillful we could get Marcus and James(if he is what everyone says), I kinda hope everyones still looking for Eurotrash next draft, it will make it easier to get both

I know it wont happen but I would sign D. Collins and Lenny Cooke, and give them 3 years to pan out.

03 -04

Marcus/Smith/SAR/DJ/JT (biggest starting lineup in the league)

Nazr/Collins/James(give him a year to dev.)/Glover/DD

03 -04 8 seed

04 -05 champs

However I dont want to fly off the handle all these player could prove themselves garbage. Slim hasn't proven jack yet. Collins could flop as well as dd,which I suspedt he will. And Marcus could be another Priest Lauderdale, though I doubt it. So while I would be excited about a lineup like this I still think a wait and see attitude is best.

PS. If it did look like we could put this line up on the floor I would just give up on trade hopes and waive Hendu/Kukoc/CC there contracts wont last forever we might as well suffer losing cap room for nothing if we need to to put a lineup of stars on the court.

PS in 05 the Hendu/CC/Kukoc's contracts will be up giving us $$$ for new contracts

damn blackhawk, you've been doing some serious thinking...i like some of the scenarios..i really hope leon smith can get his groove together and really work towards becoming the player he can..i would definitely invite cook and collins to a workout and maybe put them in the nbdl...too much potential not too..but smith needs to get his groove together..much like dj is.

i think depending on how the next year goes, i would trade two 1st rounders for one for lebron..some teams did it this year for lesser merchandise..

however i'm a little skeptical about marcus..he's a good kid yes, but he reminds me of a kevin duckworth with his body style..looks like it's a body style that can gain wait easily..plus his foot(or was it ankle) problem makes it a little less of an attractive prospect...

i would take lebraun definitely though...if you've got shaquille going to your high school games, you've gots skillz.

He's carrying a lot of hype right now, but his ability makes him well worth it (unlike the hype that travels with Yao Ming, who will never live up to it).

First off, LeBron is an incredible athlete. As a junior in high school, he has a very well developed body. He's a legitimate 6-7, 215 lbs. He has great run/jump athleticism.

Secondly, the basketball skills are there. Much like Kobe when he came out of high school, he has a developed all around game right now. LeBron can hit the long range jumper, has the mid range game, can dribble penetrate, and can elevate in the lane.

LeBron runs the point for his high school team, and there is some talk among scouts that he will be a point in the NBA. I see him as a two guard who could be better than Kobe in the long run.

LeBron matched up as a sophomore against then junior Lenny Cooke. Cooke scored 8 points. James had 28 points.

As far as Marcus being top three, that's doubtful. It's more likely going to be the late lottery for him. He's a 7 footer, and that will get him in the lottery, but he doesn't move well. Guys like Kendrick Perkins, a high school kid from Texas who is 6-10, 260 lbs, will be drafted before Chris Marcus.

The top 5 prospects for the 2003 draft at this point are considered to be:

1. LeBron James SG/PG

2. Darko Milicic -- Seven footer from Europe.

3. Sophocles Shortsianitis -- Dubbed the "Greek Shaq". Father is from Greece. Mother is from Nigeria. He's 16 years old and is 6-10, 258 lbs. He'll be 7 foot, 290 lbs by the time he's 19 years old. Probably won't declare till 1994 though.

4. Kendrick Perkins

5. Carmelo Anthony SF/SG Syracuse

I read up on Sophocles Shortsianitis and he seem like Might have some potential.The Info I've gotten so far is positive he kind of remind me of Eddy Curry. Only worry does he play Euro league garbage ball, but all the reports I read said he is a banger. I heard about Darko Milicic a year ago I haven't heard much at all but maybe he is okay, but the little info I've gotten says he is garbage, I haven't seen him play so who knows.. I dont hold my breathe on anyone, but Sophocles is someone I am defineatly going to research.

Thanks alot. Really informative post.