• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons @ Jaguars

BigDirty

This game was so winnable. frown.gif

The defense was good against a rather weak Jags offense, Abraham played very good.

The offense looked passable in some drives, but still too many sacks. Who was the guy in Roddy White's jersey today?

I hope that kicker will be cut tomorrow or even better today.

Falcons kicker Matt Prater lost the game for us.

Bring back Morten Anderson.

I feel like if we're up 13-7, we'd could play clock management and close out the game.

Defense played well. not spectacular, but well. I feel that our defense will keep us competitive in most games.

Offense was decent. I have 3 main concerns regarding our offense:

1) Deep Threat. We have to add it to our gameplan. It'll open up the medium/short passes and the run game.

2) Hurry up offense/2 minute offense. Suppose we're down 14-10 and its 2 minutes left w/ no timeouts. Would u trust this offense to come out w/ a touchdown? So far, i dont.

3) Sacks. I think our O-LINE did better this game and some of the sacks was on harrington's part (just waiting too long in the pocket). I think its improving but its still a work in progress.

special teams: not even going to comment. easily our weakest area. get in a reliable kicker and a good return man (i think jerious norwood should be our KR and PR) and ill be happy.

Obviously keeping a non-battle tested kicker was a mistake.

Many complaints about Joey H. holding the ball too long...but if your recievers can't separate from the DBs what in the h#ll do you do?

Harrington...12-20 for 200 yards. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm no big Joey fan, but this loss falls on the special teams and the lack of a running game IMO detective.gif

This team is just missing something. Let me think...................................Mike Vick!!!!!!!!!

My quarterback wish list in next year draft is:

1.Dennis Dixon- Can be had with on of our second round picks allowing the falcons to draft Darren Mcffadden the beast in the first.

2.Matt Ryan- I liked this guy eversince he stepped in for the incumbent at BC as a freshman. Now he has the experience and knowledge to go along with that big time arm. He reminds me of Tom Brady the way he stood in the pocket against tech and threw strikes under pressure.

3.Andre Woodson- This guy has all the measurables to be a big time player. My only question mark is he has not done it over a long period of time. He could help fill the dome again with that arm though.

Honorable Mention- Brian Brohm, John David Booty, Colt Brennan

banghead.gif

Too many sacks.

Solution?

Get the recievers open quicker.

Learn to throw the ball away when they're not open.

Watch out for the blitz - Learn how to counter it.

Keep working with the O. line.

Missed F.G. attempts.

Solution?

Bring back the old man. Ancient one is still able to

do the job.

Victory was within sight, but missed kick moved momentum

to the other side of the field.

Pass defense.

What pass defense? Playing zone left recievers wide

open too often. Must improve this.

A work in progress? I hope so.

Can't get any long runs. Can't complete any bombs.

Gotta learn how to stretch the field. This will help on

the QB sacks.

Decent defense of the run. - - Hoping for better days ahead.

Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

I don't know if he was tired because of the previous play but he CAN'T go out on 3rd down in the Red Zone! When Abraham gets doubled, that means that all of the other D linemen are likely in man on man situations. When Davis came in, the Jags didn't have to double him and that led to Garard having all day to make the easy TD throw.

All that means is that when he stood back there all day and waited for the receiver to get WIDE OPEN, he was able to complete 60% of his throws. Any QB can complete 60% of his throws if he just sits back there and takes the sack if no one is WIDE OPEN. If the receiver doesn't get WIDE OPEN, Joey takes the sack. AT LEAST 4 of the 7 sacks were his fault for holding the ball too long. Its like he is too afraid to throw the ball for fear of an interception.

In addition, If you see the blitz coming, check out of the play and go to the hot route! I thought Joey might have a chance to resurrect his career here but he is just too gun shy. He is backup material at best.

The Falcons need to go out and get Leftwich right now. Even if he can't move, he certainly won't be a bigger statue in the pocket than Joey has been and Leftwich has a MUCH better arm. Leftwich is also a winner. I don't know if Leftwich is the longterm answer or not but I'd be fine with him at QB and McFadden lined up behind Mughelli.