• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ Got out at the right time...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Phoenix is imploding.

Marion wants out.

Amare on the blocks and in the hospital

Diaw = Fat and Lazy.

I'm sure Phoenix will remain competitive, but when you consider the moves that they have made recently... they are due for a hard fall.

1. They gave Deng to Chicago for ???

2. They gave us JJ for Rugged Defender and ???

3. They overpaid Marion and Amare.

Amare's knee should really concern them.

I say we really stick it to them. Let's make the playoffs... and finish with a top 4 seed. Make sure that they get the #22 pick of the draft!!!

Quote:

I say we really stick it to them. Let's make the playoffs... and finish with a top 4 seed. Make sure that they get the #22 pick of the draft!!!

I agree with the playoffs; but think a 2nd round loss in the playoffs will be in our future next season...

Have you noticed, that ever since the draft and all this Amare trade talk came up, the Sun troll has not been around in a long time?

• Premium Member

He has to have surgery to remove particles. Same surgery as Speedy. They say it's a quick heal, but I don't trust the microfracture surgery. I think it's different for everybody but still, I haven't seen too many cases where it was successful. Even Doug Christie played better at Pepperdine than he did after the surgery.

Quote:

2. They gave us JJ for Rugged Defender and ???

Didn't they get Barbosa in the deal too.

Diaw, Barbosa, and a 2008 unprotected 1st round pick for JJ.

Sounds like about fair market value. However, We got to use JJ for 2 full seasons and a 3rd before Phoneix gets to cash in on the 2nd of the 1st round picks.

Quote:

He has to have surgery to remove particles. Same surgery as Speedy. They say it's a quick heal, but I don't trust the microfracture surgery. I think it's different for everybody but still, I haven't seen too many cases where it was successful. Even Doug Christie played better at Pepperdine than he did after the surgery.

Thanks for the info. Speedy said he is knee is only 85% after that surgery and also said he still has bad days with the knee.

Not a good sign for a young big who's strength is his atheletic ability, with years left of pounding on that knee.

Now we know why they were trying to flip the 24 yrear old Stoudamire for the 31 year old Garnett.

Quote:

Quote:

No... Barbosa was drafted a long time ago? 2003?

I wonder who Phoneix used the first of the 1st round picks on ?

Did they sell it for cash b/c of their owner ?

that is an often circulated snipit of misinformation. they traded that pick to Cleveland for a future 1st rounder.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that is an often circulated snipit of misinformation. they traded that pick to Cleveland for a future 1st rounder.

They traded their 2007 1st round pick from Cleveland to the Blazers for cash. The Suns got Diaw(who went from a steal to a bad contract within 6 months)and next years pick which they will probably sell anyway if we can make the playoffs.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They traded their 2007 1st round pick from Cleveland to the Blazers for cash. The Suns got Diaw(who went from a steal to a bad contract within 6 months)and next years pick which they will probably sell anyway if we can make the playoffs.

The pick from the Hawks itself was used to select Rajon Rondo and then traded to the Celtics for the 2007 1st round pick from Cleveland which they sold.

I bet after paying Marcus Banks 20M for 4 years that they wish they had kept that pick now.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The pick from the Hawks itself was used to select Rajon Rondo and then traded to the Celtics for the 2007 1st round pick from Cleveland which they sold.

I bet after paying Marcus Banks 20M for 4 years that they wish they had kept that pick now.

thanks for clearing that up Sugar Britches cookiemonster.gif