• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Day after.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. I still think Stotts deserves a second shot... As much as I want Fratello back at the helm... Give Stotts a chance.

2. Talk Malone and Stockton into staying for one more so that we can go after Dre' Miller. I'd SNT Terry for him. Or I'd give them Nazr/1st for Him and play Terry as OG in a 2 gaurd set. The point is that we need that kind of player to make it to the next level. He has a mind for basketball and he can run it.

3. Like I said when we got big Dog... Big Dog is probably untradable so we might as well figure out how to make him work. Only teams that Might Might be interested in him are: PTL, NY, Dallas, and Milwaukee. Basically, I think Milwaukee would give us TT for GRob. Would you want him?

4. If we keep Terry we need to move to a 2 gaurd set for most of the game.

5. If we keep Theo we need to draft a Big Body like Marcus or Kaman or Lang or Keep. Personally, I'd give Lang a shot if we can get him in the Second. I have a feeling that Kaman might fall. I also like West and Sweetney in the first (PFs).

6. For GOD Sakes get a SHOOTER. Get Jerry West on the phone. See if Nazr/1st can get us Persons. After he hangs up on us, see if JJ would come back for the Midlevel. After he laughs in our ear, see what would be needed to get Eddie Jones? Then when Pat Riley says go jump in a lake, to get Harpring for Nazr?

(BTW, if we can get Harpring, immediately trade Big Dog to Seattle for Barry/whichever C they are trying to get rid of).

Actually that would be my fix.

1. Trade Big Dog/Nazr to Portland for Mighty Mouse/Randolph

2. Trade JT/Hendu to Miami for Eddie Jones/Anthony Carter

3. Draft Lang.

4. Sign DJ, Ira, Glover.

Play this lineup...

DS/AC/DD

jones/Glover

DJ/Ira

SAR/ZR

Theo/Lang

1. I still think Stotts deserves a second shot... As much as I want Fratello back at the helm... Give Stotts a chance.

I'm torn on this. Stotts certainly showed marked improvement, but so did Kruger in the second half of last year. This is our chance to get Van Gundy, Fratello or Silas and I just think that we should see if we can work it out. The Hawks in all likelihood are not going to pay the price tag required for these guys IMO, so we'll probably end up with Stotts anyway.

2. Talk Malone and Stockton into staying for one more so that we can go after Dre' Miller. I'd SNT Terry for him. Or I'd give them Nazr/1st for Him and play Terry as OG in a 2 gaurd set. The point is that we need that kind of player to make it to the next level. He has a mind for basketball and he can run it.

Even if Malone and Stockton stay they might structure the contracts (particularly Stockton) so that they could work it out for Miller anyway. Jackson is probably gone so I suspect they will make a real push for him. Plus that is also discounting the fact that there might be some real competition for him besides Utah. If Kidd goes to SA (probably won't happen but it could), Miller is going to NJ. If Arenas doesn't go to Denver they can throw a lot more money at him than the Hawks too.

I'm hesitant to trade another 1st round pick and risk losing our lottery pick 3 years in a row as well.

3. Like I said when we got big Dog... Big Dog is probably untradable so we might as well figure out how to make him work. Only teams that Might Might be interested in him are: PTL, NY, Dallas, and Milwaukee. Basically, I think Milwaukee would give us TT for GRob. Would you want him?

I have no idea if there is much trade value for Big Dog. I would just as soon keep him and wait to trade him when the contract becomes more palatable after this year. Milwaukee won't take him back. PTL is doubtful. NY is capable of almost anything however and who knows what Dallas might do.

4. If we keep Terry we need to move to a 2 gaurd set for most of the game.

I have no idea.

5. If we keep Theo we need to draft a Big Body like Marcus or Kaman or Lang or Keep. Personally, I'd give Lang a shot if we can get him in the Second. I have a feeling that Kaman might fall. I also like West and Sweetney in the first (PFs).

I am not too familiar with college ball nowadays compared to the NBA, but I agree 100% that we need a big, tough PF type.

6. For GOD Sakes get a SHOOTER. Get Jerry West on the phone. See if Nazr/1st can get us Persons. After he hangs up on us, see if JJ would come back for the Midlevel. After he laughs in our ear, see what would be needed to get Eddie Jones? Then when Pat Riley says go jump in a lake, to get Harpring for Nazr?

I was shocked at the idiotic trade of shipping Person off for a wad of chewing gum last year. Just ridiculous. Once again I would not want to trade another likely lottery pick though. Even though he is not a great shooter, I would much rather look at antonio daniels as an UFA. He is big, plays good defense and would be a great fit to play with Terry. Why in the world would the Jazz trade Harpring for an injury-prone Nazr after the year Harpring has had? Ain't gonna happen.

Actually that would be my fix.

1. Trade Big Dog/Nazr to Portland for Mighty Mouse/Randolph

Randolph is going nowhere. Period. Certainly not for that deal. Portland is likely to clean house this year. Daniels is gone. Rasheed and/or Bonzi is gone. Davis, Pippen and Woods might be gone. And if anyone will take Minnie Mouse he is gone.

• Premium Member

If PTL loses in the first round to the Lakers, they will restructure.

Mighty Mouse doesn't belong out west and his contract is ridiculous. If Pipp retires, they will need Sf help. With DD and Arvydas being old, they would love to have a Big C. Rasheed is the one who "Ain't going NOWHERE" so holding on to Randolph is just setting the table for him to leave in a few years when FAcy comes. PTL would love to get rid of MM. His contract weighs heavy on them (not that Luxury tax means anything) but if they get rid of him, they could possible be in the position to make good deals next year.

If PTL loses in the first round to the Lakers, they will restructure.

Well for once the blazers aren't playing them but they are going to restructure anyway... didn't I say as much in my first post?

Mighty Mouse doesn't belong out west and his contract is ridiculous.

Yes, and haven't I been saying that for 3 years? We are in total agreement here. He is grossly overpaid, but he could be decent for a fair to middling east coast team.

If Pipp retires, they will need Sf help.

Pippen has given every indication that he will play at least one more year. The only question is whether or not it is for Portland or LA (with chicago being a remote possibility)...

With DD and Arvydas being old, they would love to have a Big C.

Once again I said this in my first post. The point is there are many other teams out there that the blazers can talk to about centers. And they can always trade someone else besides Randolph....

Rasheed is the one who "Ain't going NOWHERE" so holding on to Randolph is just setting the table for him to leave in a few years when FAcy comes.

Why exactly do you say that? Randolph burning things up the last few games has done nothing but solidify his standing here and Cheeks absolutely loves him. Rasheed is getting less and less popular with his teammates. Hasn't Chillz (or someone else not said over and over as well that he knows someone in the blazers organization that says randolph is untouchable?)...

I know that you love to come up with scenarios involving the blazers but Randolph being traded is highly unlikely and if it were going to happen it will only be to bring in a superstar type player (garnett)... not garbage like grob... the last thing in the world the blazers need is another jump shooter!

PTL would love to get rid of MM.

I know I know! Everyone in the league knows! He has about 30 DNP's coaches decision this year to prove it! They gave up on him 2 years ago.

His contract weighs heavy on them (not that Luxury tax means anything) but if they get rid of him, they could possible be in the position to make good deals next year.

None of this means that they will trade Randolph. Can't you just be satisfied with Woods? smile.gif

at first glance, it looks good. But then you realize that we'd have no depth in the frontcourt...Henderson would be our only decent bu at both positions (unless you really liked Moore enough to trust him full time). Theo did great this year, getting the rust off, coming on in blocks and points and to a lesser degree boards as the season went on...which happened to coincide with his not getting in early foul trouble and being allowed to play more minutes, esp. consecutive minutes.

The Diesel NY trade is pretty good IMO...we'd have an up tempo team that could run. We'd be taking a gamble on Spree and his 4 year contract...but in the right role, he's a very valuable player.