• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Too much change at one time?

DJ_Money

We have no coach.

We have no GM.

Ownership is supposed to change hands soon.

If the Hawks/Thrashers go without the Braves, we have no President.

We have a six Free Agents. We have to make major decisions on JT, Glover, Newble, and DJ.

Honestly, I don't know if changing owners would be the best thing for this team right now. AOL isn't Mark Cuban, but they're not Donald Sterling either.

If our front office wasn't thin enough before, look at it now. Nobody will be hired as President, GM, or coach until the ownership is resolved. The draft lottery isn't too far off, who's gonna represent us, Harry the Hawk?

I think we have to stay within if we want to get anything done this offseason. Knight should be our GM. He's got a good track record, knows the team, and would be ready to go in a minute's notice. President? I dunno...just give the title to Nique, just to have a popular figure in office.

Stotts should be brought back as head coach. It took some times, but I think the team showed improvement. With the summer/training camp, I think Stotts could really get this team together. I wish we could sign him to a one year deal, but I won't be angered if he's signed on for a few years.

We'd be foolish not to resign JT. He doesn't have a true position. But, would we be better off if we let him walk and signed...oh, Travis Best back there, just to pull a name out of nowhere. We're not going to find anything better in our situation. I'm not saying a 7-year deal for the max, maybe 3-4 for $6-7 per.

I like the way Glover came on, but I fear that we're going to make another mistake by giving him a long term deal. He's injury prone. He stays healthy and plays a couple months of good ball, and we give him a 6 year deal? No, please, it would be Chris Crawford all over again. Besides, I think Glove wants out of Atlanta anyway.

DJ won't draw much interest, so he can likely be brought back for cheap. I'd like to have Newble around, but not if he makes ridiculous demands. If he wants Bruce Bowen money, tell him to look elsewhere. If he comes crawling back to us, great. If not, there's probably a guy in the NBDL that will be glad to fill his role for cheap.

Ham and E-Mail, see ya later.

So, to recap:

-Billy Knight should be named GM.

-Stotts should be kept on as the Head Coach.

-Make Nique the President, just for the [censored] of it.

-Resign JT, but don't go overboard.

-Let Glover walk.

-Sign DJ for cheap.

-Newble. See JT.

-Say goodbye to Ham and E-Mail.

-Send Harry the Hawk to draft lottery. Either him, or Jaywalker.

I think the ownership thing will be resolved soon, and thusly, the Hawks management team should be resolved soon as well.

I do disagree about resigning Dion Glover though. If we don't, then we are looking at a late 1st round draft pick to take his place. IMO, there is no way DerMarr Johnson will be a starter next year. It would be a medical marvel if he is even in enough shape to contribute off the bench. The guy still doesn't have full range of motion in his neck.

Right now, there is no one better available that fits what Stotts wants to do.

There is a stark difference in Glover's situation and Crawford's situation. Glover isn't being looked at as a one game wonder. He started 40 straight games and put up good numbers in those games. During those forty games, the Hawks were 23-17, so his play had an impact.

I think Glover can be had at a low cost as well. I don't think he has shown enough to make his value so much that teams will clamour for him in the offseason, and his value to the Hawks in the future may be as a back up. But, right now, the team made progress with him as a starter. Sign him to the one year tender offer that we can give him, as he is a restricted free agent. Let the back court of Jason Terry and Dion Glover develop a bit further this season. If Dion comes out and starts 82 games next season and puts up 17 ppg, 3 apg, and around 5-6 rpg, then you know you have a player that is a keeper.

This is a guy who has made tremendous progress in his game. He's no longer a terrible jump shooter, and he's no longer a chair defensively.

I'm not arguing that Glover made big improvement to his overall game. I don't think it's so much that he didn't have the skills in the past, he just was never healthy enough to display them.

The thing is though, I just don't trust Glover enough to give him a long-term deal. Half a season isn't quite enough to prove anything to me. Face it, he's injury prone. When he is healthy, he's a good player. He just can't stay healthy. Haven't we learned anything from CC/Hendu/Nazr?

Making a long-term investment in Glover is foolish, that's all I'm saying. I would be in favor of signing him to the one year tender, but that's about it. I still think Glove would rather be elsewhere, though.

He's not going to get a long term deal from anyone. Even if he leaves the Hawks, he's going to get at most a 2-3 year deal because teams do want to see if he can keep himself healthy and if he can continue to improve.

It's in his best interest to stay with the Hawks for one year. If he performs well and stays healthy, it not only increases his value to other teams. It increases his value with the Hawks as well.

I never said anyone would give Glove a long-term deal, we're the only team dumb enough to do that.

Glove should be offered the one year tender. If someone else wants to step up with a 2-3 year deal, let him walk. Glove ist still the weakest SG in the East.

I think Glove has become tired of the situation in Atlanta. He's wanted out for the past couple year, I doubt he has changed his mind. I think he'd hop on the first deal that gets him out of town.