• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bobby Petrino- an offensive genius?

cyman3

• Moderators

Quote:

Like you, I doubt Norwood fits Petrino's system either but he is very valuable as a special teams player and change of pace runner. I think Norwood should be given the chance to prove he could be the every down runner by getting the bulk of the carries until a quality power runner is added to the roster.

Sounds like you and I are on the same page! grin.gif

Article in the AJC pointed out that the Vick thing set them back years, and that is probably right. I don't see any quick or easy way out of this. The personnel they have don't really fit the system and then they have injuries and then they are talent poor in many areas.

Still think McKay has to take the fall for not kowing about Vick's dog fighting. You don't invest that kind of money without knowing what's going on. Everyone was blinded by Vick's talent. One would theink they make wholesale changes at the end of the year?

What are the odds that Lefty will do any better?

I hope he does - but really - I think they were just setting MV7 up to carry the offense for a couple more years until they got BP's system in place anyway. MV7 was never the "future" of the BP system. Obviously they didn't know about the dogfighting and selling of drugs from his live-in cousin...but they knew he was blowing fatties.

I think the goal was to ride MV7 for a year or two (probably two)...then trade/cut him and switch to a normal pro passing offense. McKay should be shot. Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

Quote:

I hope he does - but really - I think they were just setting MV7 up to carry the offense for a couple more years until they got BP's system in place anyway.
MV7 was never the "future" of the BP system.
Obviously they didn't know about the dogfighting and selling of drugs from his live-in cousin...but they knew he was blowing fatties.

I think the goal was to ride MV7 for a year or two (probably two)...then trade/cut him and switch to a normal pro passing offense. McKay should be shot.
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

I disagree. If he wasn't the future, they wouldn't have traded Shaub. Petrino was brought to coach Vick so to say he's not in the future plans is asinine.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I hope he does - but really - I think they were just setting MV7 up to carry the offense for a couple more years until they got BP's system in place anyway.
MV7 was never the "future" of the BP system.
Obviously they didn't know about the dogfighting and selling of drugs from his live-in cousin...but they knew he was blowing fatties.

I think the goal was to ride MV7 for a year or two (probably two)...then trade/cut him and switch to a normal pro passing offense. McKay should be shot.
Kick_Can_emoticon.gif

I disagree. If he wasn't the future, they wouldn't have traded Shaub. Petrino was brought to coach Vick so to say he's not in the future plans is asinine.

That is my feeling as well. The Falcons had to choose between paying Vick or Schaub and chose to trade Schaub after deciding that Vick was their guy.

Quote:

I'm not saying that they weren't going to go with MV7 for awhile. Just that I don't think that he was the longterm plan. Maybe my 2-year scenario was wrong - they probably wanted him to play out his contract.

Where the hell is Dan Reeves.
shrug.gif

He's in a better place, now.

(He's down Marietta Street at Georgia State getting their football program up and running. There's a push to have him become the team's first head coach.)

Quote:

8-10 players?

That's just absurd.

We have that many promising players from this year's draft alone.

Not to include Roddy White who has stepped his game up, Michael Boley, Demorrio Williams, our two VT DBs if we we re-sign one and the other finally gets PT, Norwood, Ovie, etc.

We are a few pieces away and should be competing a lot more as early as next year.

I'll play...

Let's use 2010 as a mark here. I think contending next year is out of the question. I'm assuming we'll be breaking in a rookie QB and have several new (young) starters on the O-Line.

Offense:

Norwood

Mughelli (Although his impact in this system seems to be very limited thus far...)

White

Robinson

Blalock

Defense:

Anderson

Lewis

Boley

D. Williams (Can't have both Williams and Nicholas, as neither is big enough to play anything but WLB...)

Houston

J. Williams

That's 11 players. You can make an argument for a couple of others. D. Hall doesn't seem like a fit with the current regime. Babineaux has his own legal problems...even with them, there's just not much on this team. That falls squarely on Rich McKay.