• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does West have a role on this roster?

sturt

• Premium Member

Throughout the off-season, I was one of the more vocal posters crying out for BK to identify and obtain a defensive stopper who can come in and hold Jason Richardson or Dwayne Wade somewhat-at-bay while JJ gets a breather. Previously, I was lobbying for Trenton Hassell who looked like MIN trade bait, and it turned out, he was (to DAL, in case you missed it).

So, tell me, those of you who've gotten to see West this preseason... is it a credible thought to see Mario West claiming that role, and a roster slot on this team?

From what I've read, he's a high energy guy, but that may or may not translate to "defensive stopper." Thoughts???

Quote:

We need to find time during PRESEASON to put him on players like Richardson, etc. to see what he can do.

While it would be ideal to see him against those guys in live action, I think a lot can be determined by watching him guard Johnson and the rest of our guards in practice.

I really doubt West has a chance of being a shut down defender right off the bat, but I think he can at least be a guy that brings some toughness and the right defensive mentality to our guard unit.

And the more he pushes those guys in practice, the better they'll be in real games.

I think he does (bias because I am a GT fan).

He has always had to work every step of the way to get where he is at.

He appears to be getting the most minutes of the free agents.

He does all the little things that coaches like.

How many roster spots can we have now? I've never known the rules now with the NBDL.