• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many are going to season opener ?

coachx

Just wondering how many people here plan on going to the season opener.

Hope it is a sale out and the crowd helps energize our guys to a big win to start the REAL SEASON off right !

Can't wait !!

Want to see if Smith and Horford can, together, wear down Dirk.

Their best perimeter defender, Howard, is suspended so we should expect a big game from our wings.

Can Law handle the speed of one of the quickest PGs in league ?

If alot of Squawkers are going to the opener we should have a little meet and greet before the game in celebration of the beginning of a franchise turn around.

I know time is hard to find....it does not have to be a 1 hour happy hour get together, just a little meet up in the CNN Center or out in the main concourse of Phillips.

Game is a week from Friday at 7:30. Plenty of time to decide to support our BOYS !

Who's in ?

red, black and gold Hawks' gear at the end of the season last year while conveniently failing to mention that they were going to change colors for this season. I bought a gold J Smoove jersey (with matching hat), a red Marvin jersey, a practice jersey and some shorts at the Team Gear store late last season thinking that I would be ready for this year. Had I known they were going to change colors, I damn sure wouldn't have spent all that money!

That said, the new jerseys look GREAT and I will be springing for one soon. I wish I could trade all that old stuff back in and get me a brand new Horford 15 or Law 4 in white. Gotta show the rookies some love.

Awsome,

I was expecting like 2 posters to admit their going this early on.

Looks like there is a good sized crew fired up already. I can relate. Going to Jacksonville this weekend but I'm honestly almost just as fired up for the Hawks season opener. I can't believe I just put that in writing.

How about a meet and greet at the CNN Center for the Squawkers ? My buddy and I normally get a drink and some food there before the game any way. The beer and cokes are cheaper there then in Phillips and tables are usually pretty abundent on the food court.

• 2 weeks later...

If any one sees a couple of clean shaved, clean cut, white guys, with brown / blonde hair, having a couple of beers in the CNN Center before the game , come join us ! We are both about 5'10''. (Hey I can't help it we don't have 3 foot long pony tail, afro, or ZZ Top beard to make us stand out.)

Don't know what my buddy will be wearing...business casual........both of us coming right from work. I got on a casual red / brown, plad, buttom up shirt, with kaki pants and brown shoes.

Go Hawks !

Guess the easiest way to spot me and my cousin is he often wears a black beret. We usually can be spotted grabbing a hotdog in the arena about 15-30 mins before gametime. If we get there too early we usually go up to the bar that overlooks the arena and grab a sandwich and beer.