• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel, wat about....

cyman3

• Premium Member

I like Jon Barry. [censored] I like both Barry brothers. I think he could work. The way I see it, Halmilton is the SG in Detroit. I think they will go after a better swingman with Memphis' pick. Just imagine if they got Jarvis Hayes... He would almost be a good fit. That being the case, I think they'd still take a trade of:

Nazr for Barry.

I mean, Barry is basically buried on the bench. I think they go to Atkins at the 2 before Barry. So yes, I would indeed trade Nazr for him and give him a try.

My fear is that he doesn't have the handles... BUt he's from a good Basketball family which means that he's got basketball smarts. Plus he can SHOOT.

That fills my quota

Good Suggestion.

• Admin

concern. Too often, career bench guys have a hard time adjusting to the role and minutes of a starter. I think JB could be a good fit for our needs and I think he has the handles to HELP. But I don't think he's a guy you want facing hard pressure every night. He's just too unproven in that regard. But if he came at the right price, I'd be willing to test him out.

And like you said, he can shoot. He's a legit threat from long range. If you weigh the benefits. He would force teams to stay with him, which would/should open things up down low. He also keeps defenses honest on JT. Because again, they can't just leave him open.

I do think we could get more for Nazr than JB though.

Jon Barry is not enough for me to trade Nazr. I agree with Chillz.

Nazr has a lot of value despite his recent injuries. Players like Jon Barry are much easier to obtain than near-starter-quality centers.

Let's stick with your plan for Dooling / Maggette. That one has teeth.