• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great Game Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know I said dominate wire to wire... However, I think this kind of game was much better. I think taking Dallas' best punch, rolling with it, and coming back down the stretch means more for our confidence than had we beaten them by 18 (like we looked like we were about to do)..

Gameballs:

Big Pimpin and Little Pimpin: JJ and Lue.

Also: Gameball goes to the Wood... who didn't panic down the stretch.

bananallama.gif

I agree. JJ keps his cool the whole game, and Lue never lost confidence when Dallas was catching up. Childress played pretty bad the first three quarters, but he made some key plays towards the end of the game.

It seemed like the whole team besides JJ and Lue were losing energy throughout the second-third quarter - even the fans weren't screaming as loudly.

GOOD GAME nonetheless.

Quote:

I wish I could have been there!!

Take it from our 2 TV announcers Rathbun(sp?) and Steve Smith who are front and center every home and away game and they sing T Lue praises. There are some on this board who are T Lue haters but the guy is an absolute baller as "Swatguy" says. How you can you deny his importance until AC LAW is ready? He is truly "THE CLOSER".

Everyone who played made a contribution - - even Shelden had some big plays when needed most, especially on the boards. Can't wait to have ZaZa healthy and Horford not in foul trouble. Add a serviceable Speedy (as a 3rd point guard due to reliability concerns) and we should really cause some problems.

Well I for one think that we played amazing tonight.

Positives: Tyronn Lue is still the same and will be a good scorer off the bench. Joe Johnson carried our team when we needed it most. Acie Law had some nice dishes. Josh Smith hustled for plays and played VERY good D against Dirk. Marvin looks to have a breakout year.

Negatives: Josh Childress looked sloppy. Josh Smith tried to do too much at times. Calls are still not going our way. Shelden still looks stiff (got some key rebounds though).

Loved the energy of the crowd especially at the 2nd half!! By the way, the A Town Dancers look EXTRA nice this year.

I have been a partial season ticket holder for years and this was the loudest I have ever heard the place. Kudos to the crowd. I noted that some here thought we missed Zaza. I disagree. Horford and Shell played very well in the paint and Zaza's lack of interior D may have hurt us in this game. Against many teams Horford and Al will be solid at the 5 spot. I hope Horford is not injured due to that last hard fall. He appeared to be in some pain and moved gingerly when he went to the bench (he did not return due to foul trouble). Like everyone has said Lue, JJ, and Jsmoove were very solid especially in the 4th. JChill simply had the worst game of his Hawk career but I suspect this game was just an anomaly. One other key play was Harris' injury b/c he was killing us for most of his minutes. But hell, we deserve alittle luck for a change.

I agree, I actaully thought Shelden did allright which I never thought I would say. Marvin looks better. Josh Smith looks much improved. His mentor over the summer must have really helped him out. Horford needs to stay out of foul trouble but he is the next coming of Amare. Mark my words you heard it here first!! And Acie looks really good he should be starting over claxton right away.