• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Bench Tyronn Lue Thread.

bumpyphish1

I never liked Lue and i never will. He may throw up a game winning shot once in a while, but that's because he has the ball ALL THE TIMES. We need to let someone else take the last shot. Marvin played a great game and in the last quarter he didn't even touch the ball, except if Lue couldn't shoot than he had to make something out of nothing.

Seeing Law play out there, it truly shows how TERRIBLE our PG situation has been for the last 3 years. Law is a ROOKIE and instantly makes our entire offense look light years better. Lue just isn't nearly as quick as he was 2 years ago which largely diminishes his effectiveness. Anthony Johnson is done, and Speedy is Jonathan Bender.

It's hard to believe, but we actually need a backup PG. If the next few games go this way, I'll start rooting for Salim to get minutes as the backup.

Tyronn is pretty important, he controls our flow. Without him we would stuggle.

Quote:

Lue should only be playing against SMALLER PGs. Billups, Kidd, etc will post up on him time after time.

Kidd is too big and strong for Lue. If AJ doesn't come back, that might be another good reason to start Law.

Expose Law to Kidd and he might pick up a few techniques. The kid is brilliant.

• Moderators

Quote:

I like Lue as a source of offense and reasonable ball-handling off the bench. However, his control of the flow of our offense is the worst thing he does. He too frequently kills ball-movement and holds onto the ball way too long. I am not sure how anyone could view his control of the flow of our offense as a good thing. Ball movement is critical to this team's offensive success and Lue is an impediment to that. He can't be our primary offensive catalyst for this team to really succeed, IMO.

Quote:

He's made clutch shots in the past. You realize you're the only one who's posted in this topic til now right? Geez...
banghead.gif

I guess you are new to the board.

This topic has been brought up for the last 2 years consistently. Lue is a "Russian Roulet PG." If his shot is not falling he is absolute garbage. He runs no 1/2 court sets and dribbles away the shot clock. "Typical Stephon Marbury basketball." That is not what I want. That band of basketball will neverget you to the playoffs. (Just ask Knicks fans and Stephon Marbury). Lue made some dumb shots vs. Dallas. We are just lucky those stupid shots went in. they will not go in on most nights, like last night vs.

Detroit.

Hence, that is why we have pleading for a real PG as the team's primary need as our talented young squad can get the ball in good scoring postions. Acie Lw is that PG.

Lue has never done this and never will.

Quote:

Was that a joke ?

He controls our flow ? What flow ? I guess he does control our flow to the point that he totally stops any flow we may have had going.

Without Lue we would struggle ? No with Lue we struggle. Without him we actually look like a team that knows how to the move the ball around in the half court.

Do you watch the games ? If you do watch the games.....PGs are supposed to pass the ball and get their teamates involved. Pretty much the opposite of what T. Lue does.

Obviously if the only basketball you have watched is Hawks basketball over the last 7 years you wouldn't know what a real PG is supposed to do b/c we have not had one. Poor young Hawks fans. Soon we will be playing B'ball the right way.