• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel makes another Call.

• Premium Member

Did anybody see all the whining and Crying Phil Jackson did after the game 1 lost to San Antonio. He cried about foul shots. Similar to going into game 6 last year. Phil has a direct voice to the ear of D. Stern who conveys the message to the refs.

Tonight.... Watch for Shaq and Company to get a lot of touch fouls go their way.

This is how it works. Phil's crying is basically him saying to Stern... "OK David, if you want the most marketable team in the finals, we will need your help.".

The difference from the line was staggering no doubt...but what most reporters have failed to mention in this "heated discussion" is that the overall number of fouls CALLED was 24 - 20 in favor of the LAKERS!

Most of the foul shot differential had to do with the Lakers 19 to's which allowed for Spurs' fast break opportunities and a subsequent foul by the Lakers to prevent the basket. The official box score says that the Spurs only had 4 fast break points to the Lakers 1, despite the 9 steals by the Spurs (2 for the Lakers). Both teams had six blocks...which often lead fast break opportunities/forced fouls.

It was the right move for the Lakers players to foul on fast break chances, given the Spurs average from the line, but this is yet another occurence of the immediate box score not telling the whole story...you gotta read a little more.

• Premium Member

No... I was referring to the press conference I watched after Game 1... NOT BOXSCORES. In that press conference, Phil Jackson made excuse after excuse about foul shots. I've watched him long enough to know that he's trying to influence the refs. I believe that refs ought to be sequestered from media.... because Phil Jackson uses the media as his pawn.

Well the feeling is that the refs will help LA.That's

why I have a hard time seeing LA lose the title.

The Spurs have a chance.If they don't win game 3

tomorrow night, the Lakers will possibly end up

winning this series.The Wolves failure came in

game 4 when the Wolves failed to close it out.

I knew the Wolves were going to lose that series

after that game.They had the Lakers on the ropes

and didn't deliver the knockout punch.Now the Spurs

must give the knockout punch in the next game.

• Premium Member

Big difference between the Wolves and the Spurs... The Spurs have Poise. Plus, this is a matchup that favors the Spurs. Mainly because Nobody can stop Duncan. Kobe-Shaq will get their points, but Bowen, Jackson, Ginobili, Rose, PG will make sure that those other Lakers don't contribute. That's a successful program. It works when used properly and I think Poppivich knows how to work it properly.

Actually,aren't the Spurs a bad ft shooting team and

didn't they turn the ball over this year?The Spurs have

been HUGE chokers over the last few years.

• Admin

night before last they were saying "If the spurs don't win game 2, L.A. will take the series".

Now after they won game 2. Wait, not just won, destroyed L.A in game 2. you think that they have to win game 3 to have a chance? HAHA.

L.A. is'nt going to roll over. But they are a busted team. Without Rick Fox and Devean George they are in teh hurt shop. They will get more favorable calls at home. But calls isn't what's killed them, it's lack of scoring and defense.

I'm saying that if the Lakers win game 3 they will

make a series out of it(and possibly win it).If the

Spurs win 3 game three I feel it is already over.

If the Spurs go to the finals I don't want to picture

the low ratings the finals will get...Possibly the

lowest ever because it seems most people don't

like the Spurs and consider them boring...Well,

because the Spurs are a boring team.

• Premium Member

They've won like 18 of their last 20 on the road...They've actually played better on the road than at home as the season progressed. Duncan hasn't even had to score much, Stephen Jackson has not played as well as he is capable of, and Tony Parker has not needed to...

I expect a split in L.A. and then a "poised" Spurs team to finish of the Fakers in game 5 at home. They were the better team before the loss of Fox+George anyawy, and would have won in 7 if both were healthy. I'm not sure how they'll handle the Kings, though, b/c the "Queens" seem to be on a mission this postseason.

Ironically, the Spurs are one year ahead of schedule...they never expected Manu, Jackson, and Parker to develop so much so quickly. Add Jermaine O'Neal or Jason Kidd to the mix next year and watch out...

So much for the sackless Spurs.They're trash.

David"I rode Duncan's cotails"Robinson is probably

the worst.What a pantywaste.He's totally worthless

now.