Can Hawksquawkers be trusted as EYEWITNESSES?

TheNorthCydeRises

Quote:

Do you think Law has problem with pressue?

No I don't. He's played PG his entire life and there aren't many teams/players that can put pressure on the ball as the Pistons can. Plus it was his 2nd game in the NBA and he clearly just needed to settle down. He has great handles and is extremely quick, he won't have a problem.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you think Law has problem with pressue?

No I don't. He's played PG his entire life and there aren't many teams/players that can put pressure on the ball as the Pistons can. Plus it was his 2nd game in the NBA and he clearly just needed to settle down. He has great handles and is extremely quick, he won't have a problem.

Thanks. Relieved.

Quote:

He's better than Speedy, anyway.

Speedy wouldn't let guys score on him routinely.

Quote:

Lue also played lazy defense on the point

His best effort at D wouldn't stop Billups, or even slow him down.

Quote:

Why watch Lue do that again? After about 4 minutes couldn't you go to Law?

Law is a rookie with a bad wrist playing his second game in the Palace. Relax. he will be getting 30+ minutes soon enough.

Quote:

What if he makes a play? We might have actually, you know, scored a basket.

To be fair two of his shots were in and out.

Quote:

overreact?

coachx, we do agree here. Everything you said. bdawg and diesel are on point as well. Northside just wasted a lot of time. I watched the game. I watch virtually every game. I watched Lue slow down and pound. He has lost a step and is not creative. He's selfish, whether he realizes it or not. Everything he does sets it up so he shoots it or gets an assist. He leaves no other options. Same old song and dance from Woody and Lue. Same old result. You have to win games that are close. That's how you become winners. Not by letting Lue pound. WTF is Tyronn Lue?

Troy, all I was doing, was pointing out that the things that people were complaining about when the Pistons came back, weren't what was taking place.

Acie got rattled Sunday night. Simple as that. Woody had to get him out at the time he did, so that he could settle down. Now whether he left Lue out on the floor too long, is definitely debateable.

He decided to go to his "closer", and it backfired. He went with his veteran PG, and it didn't work out. On Friday night, it was the correct call to go with Lue. In hindsight, he should've went with a Chill - JJ backcourt, to counteract what the Pistons were trying to do. But I can't fault him for initially going with Lue in place of Acie.

It's funny though. We've had people literally whine and cry about Marvin being handed a starting spot, but almost everybody wants Law to take the keys to the Hawks "corvette", even if he hasn't proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's the best guy for the job.

He'll definitely prove that he is soon enough . . maybe as soon as early December. As I've been saying, once Woody names him the starter, he's going to play well enough to NEVER lose that starting spot because of poor play. Me and a select other few people on this site knew Acie was the real deal, even when 80% of Hawksquawk was all over Conley.

But Sunday night, he got shook up a bit. He's a rookie. It happens.

• Moderators

Quote:

It's funny though. We've had people literally whine and cry about Marvin being handed a starting spot, but almost everybody wants Law to take the keys to the Hawks "corvette", even if he hasn't proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's the best guy for the job.

Look at the alternatives, though! lol

Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson can all play SF and do a bangup job.

Lue, Speedy, AJ and Salim are your alternatives at PG.

Marvin is earning his stripes but we have a lot of talent at the forward positions and are hoping that Law is the equivalent of water in the middle of a desert.

LOL . . true.

Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE to see Law in the starting lineup tonight in place of Lue. I think Lue has always been a better backup PG, than starting one.

But for all the love being shown to Acie, it has to be noted that he has more turnovers, than assists. If Speedy or AJ posted those type of numbers in the first 2 games, people would want those guys benched forever.

But Acie is the new guy. And the fan base is far more patient and curious to see what he can do.

Quote:

But for all the love being shown to Acie, it has to be noted that he has more turnovers, than assists. If Speedy or AJ posted those type of numbers in the first 2 games, people would want those guys benched forever.

But Acie is the new guy. And the fan base is far more patient and curious to see what he can do.

Stat watchers would be scared with the a/t ratio. They wouldn't ignore who is leading league in FG% either, albeit small sample.

Fans who saw the game wouldn't worry about the stats though. Everyone is awed by Acie's game so far. His speed, his shooting form, his penetration, glimpses of Kiddesque passes, the confidence in his eyes (mostly), his maturity, his size, his defense everything has swept the hawks nation despite the a/t ratio. If we had Andre Miller, people wouldn't be so thirsty for him to start.

Quote:

Those of you who have followed Law closely in the college, do you think Acie has weakness against full court pressure?

The small, quicker PGs will give him SOME trouble. However, Law is so crafty and can go to his left or right equally well so he can handle it. He is not the fasted PG but he does have:

1. a quick first step

2.a exceptional feel for the game to fake defenders out on cross overs, in & out dribbles, and change of direction.

The one thing that worried me in watching him in college is his perimeter defense. Normally Texas A & M's little SG would guard the little lightning rod PGs like Augistine of Texas.

So far his perimeter defense on NBA PGs has been good. Better then Lue or AJ.........so I'm happy that he has upgraded the team in an area that was really camouflaged at Texas A & M b/c they had a SG smaller then their PG causing Law to normally guard the bigger guard in college.

(The Devin Harris, Chris Paul, TJ Ford type PGs of the world will continue to give us some trouble) At least Law can take advantage of them with his size and stength on the other end.

In short I think Law can handle defensive full court pressure better then he can apply it himself. I also think he is much better then Lue or AJ in both of these areas.

Both of these areas mentioned are Speedy's strength. He would be a great compliment to Law if he could get healthy.

Quote:

If we had Andre Miller, people wouldn't be so thirsty for him to start.

Exactly ! The alternatives to Law right now are just pathetic.

AJ or Lue as starters and closers ? Yuck ! Not for a playoff team.

A healthy, 2005 model, defensive demon, like Speedy would be nice too.

Quote:

Acie's assist numbers should skyrocket, when he's placed long term alongside JJ, Marvin, and Smoove. If Smoove would just give the ball up to Acie on the break, Acie would get it back to him for a dunk. And all will be well.

The more Acie plays the sooner Smoove gets chemistry with him.

It drives me crazy how Smoove won't give up the ball on the break. He is the break finisher.

You are absolutly right. The quicker Smoove gets rid of the ball to Law the higher the probability Smith will get it back to finish the break. While the longer Smoove holds on to the ball the higher the probability of a turnover.

Smoove needs some tough love. JJ, Wright, or Lue need to confront him. Stuff like that is handled and taken better when it is a veteran player and not the coach bringing it up. If I were Woody, I'd be asking Lo, JJ, and Lue to all have a little sit down with Smoove about that.

I have noticed Smoove has a hard time giving the ball up to Law, even after a defensive board when we are not trying to run. I have noticed Smoove look over Law 2 or 3 times while Law cis alling for the ball but Smoove goes out of his way to get the ball to JJ or some one else.

The more they play together the quicker Smoove will trust Law. The more Law plays with the 1st team and learns their games the more assist and succesful Jason Kidd like passes we will see. Right now our guys are not expecting those type passes b/c Lue and AJ never passed like Law can.