• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we win 40 games?

TroyMcClure

The answer is clear. No. I don't see us sniffing 35 wins. 30 may be a realistic option again. We have the players to win 35 to 40 at least. I said it last year. I'll say it again. We have the players to compete and win. Many people here seem to have no clue how basketball is played. All this talk about PER's and #4 or #3 and height and arm reach and blah, blah, blah. Play unselfish, intelligent team defense, rotate the ball with effort, run the floor and take good shots. It's not that hard. Just like it's not hard to realize that Woodson is above his head as a thinker and has been for 3 years. We will NEVER have a winning record with him as coach. I am so bored with the arguments made for him, because there really aren't any. It's all garbage. You would think the answers are obvious. I guess you have to pick up a ball and sweat every now and again to have any idea, though. Frustrating, guys. I've been a Hawks fan my whole life. As a competitor and a resident of Metro Atlanta, the situation is unacceptable to me. Seems like it isn't to so many. We will never win with Woody as coach. All Woody has ever known is losing. How does it make sense to continue to let him talk to our young players? Nothing he ever did as a player ammounted to anything positive. What can he honestly tell them? He is why we lose games we could win. I don't see how we could have been worse record wise with NO coach the last few years. I will continue to point to the record if people defend Woody. That's only going to get worse. That is what it's all about, right?

Oh, wait. Look at my sig. It was entertaining, wasn't it? Nice crowd of about 900 hundred to see Jason Kidd, Jefferson and Vinsanity. Maybe they should change the emphasis, no? Boring, winning basketball puts more fans in the seats than dumb, athletic, losing basketball.

From what Ive seen so far, it is a clear possibility.

We beat Dallas.

We shouldve beet Detroit in their home-opener.

We played horrible and still only lost by 5 to a good NJ team.

I mean, it's not definitely going to happen, but I'd like to see us against some of the shittier teams before counting us out.

Quote:

Post this around 20-25 games and we'll have a better idea. Posting this after 3 games is premature.

No, that's where you're wrong.I know enough about basketball to know that Woody will never win 40 games. He would struggle to win 50 with Shaq and Kobe. I could have posted this in 2005 and the answer would be the same. That's the issue. I don't live with hopes and dreams. You have to have thoughts and plans. The Hawks don't. Their plan is to hope Woody magically gets better. Some plan.

Quote:

From what Ive seen so far, it is a clear possibility.

We beat Dallas.

We shouldve beet Detroit in their home-opener.

We played horrible and still only lost by 5 to a good NJ team.

I mean, it's not definitely going to happen, but I'd like to see us against some of the shittier teams before counting us out.

Keep a ledger. Mark down every time we let one slip away. Add those up at the end of the year. That's your coaching, right there. Those 10 to 15 losses he gives us are going to kill.

Quote:

Quote:

Post this around 20-25 games and we'll have a better idea. Posting this after 3 games is premature.

No, that's where you're wrong.I know enough about basketball to know that Woody will never win 40 games. He would struggle to win 50 with Shaq and Kobe. I could have posted this in 2005 and the answer would be the same. That's the issue. I don't live with hopes and dreams. You have to have thoughts and plans. The Hawks don't. Their plan is to hope Woody magically gets better. Some plan.

You know enough about basketball to predict a team's season after 3 games?

Wow you should be on ESPN because you're the greatest analyst of all time.

Ever think about taken that great wisdom of yours to Las Vegas?

You could be a mega millionaire?

3 games in a football season is one thing. And even that's early.

3 games into a basketball season?

Bold predictions especially considering we've been in every game so far this season against playoff caliber teams.

I think I'll enjoy keeping this one alive if we survive this difficult month

This post is accurate. If you just count how many times we make unforced turnovers and take a bad shot and go one on one, you would be able to see that this team cannot consistently win playing like this. Mike should have been gone a long time ago.

The next game, count how many times we go one on one, force a terrible shot or commit a totally unforced turnover. You will be suprised at how many you come up with.

Once last night, JJ dribbled the ball up the floor, crossed half court took about 10 dribbles then shot a fadeaway jumper....pathetic.

One sentence that sums up this team: Team will not allow its talent to win games.

With Woody we go somewhere around 35-47. With a better coach who stresses up tempo we go 44-38.

Woody isn't going anywhere for awhile. These ASG guys are thick headed and clueless. Don't get your hopes up.

How many people on this board know we need a better coach? About 95%. And we knew it last year and the year before. Woody's still here.

He should have been fired the day after we lost that home game to the Hornets last year when the Hornets were missing 4 starters. But Gearon and Levenson just keep making excuses for him. It's always poor Woody and the injuries. Yes, we had a ton of injuries but Woody sucked anyway.

I agree with what everyone is saying for the most part that Woody is a complete moron of a coach but how is he responsible for our unforced turnovers? He isn't the one out there on the court throwing the ball out of bounds trying to push the ball up the court is he? Last night I saw Horford and others snatch a rebound and try and throw a quick pass down court only to throw it out of bounds. And how many offensive fouls did we commit last night? I saw several stupid offensive fouls by Marvin, Chill and Smooove last night that were just unforced because they were out of control. It had nothing to do with Woodys schemes on offense either. Trust me Woody deserves a lot of blame but this team is still young as hell and the players need to be held accountable as well.

Quote:

I'm surprised by this post. I think we played horribly against NJ but pretty well the first two games. I'm encouraged by our results...we're better than I thought we'd be, and I think 40 wins is pretty likely.

I think we lost one game we definitely should have won and another that was there if we wanted it. These losses will pile up. We're exactly like I thought we'd be. Until Woody is gone, we will lose.

Quote:

We've now beaten the two best teams in the West to start off the year....Let's quit the Woody bashing until it's merited.
wink.gif

Having one of the 5 worst records in coaching history doesn't merit bashing? We're 4 games in and we've already lost one we shouldn't have. I'm as happy as the next guy, but Amare was not playing and we barely won. What if he had played, and well? We would be sitting at 1-3 with Boston on the horizon. I'm a realist. I saw many good things last night. I also saw many of the same old problems.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm as happy as the next guy, but Amare was not playing and we barely won.

We out-rebounded them by 16, had the lead just about the ENTIRE game, they never got closer than 3, shot 41% from the field and we one by 9.

pillepalle.gif

Nash played absolutely terrible... and still got 30 or whatever. Our team defense is much better but we have a ways to go. If Amare' had been there, I doubt we win this game. They were also playing a back to back.Where would we have been if Salim had not been on?

• Premium Member

haha.. we were also playing the second of a back to back dude... and Nash played terrible besides getting 30 + points and 11 assists??? Yeeeeah. Nash had 10 points and 7 assists against the Bobcats and they won by 20+, so I don't get what your point is. Nash has had a massive amount of games worse than the one he had yesterday in the last four years and Phoenix still won the majority of those games. If Nash hadn't been unconscious from the three point line and/or Joe didn't have the worst shooting night of his career this game is a blow-out.