Will we win 40 games?

TroyMcClure

How many times have you seen Nash get stripped two or three times in one game? *crickets* He was pressing without Amare. Do you honestly think we would have done this with him on the floor? He had like 45 and 16 the last time! My point is that, while we won the game, we still do enough bad things to lose the war.

Quote:

Quote:

We've now beaten the two best teams in the West to start off the year....Let's quit the Woody bashing until it's merited.
wink.gif

Having one of the 5 worst records in coaching history doesn't merit bashing? We're 4 games in and we've already lost one we shouldn't have. I'm as happy as the next guy, but Amare was not playing and we barely won. What if he had played, and well? We would be sitting at 1-3 with Boston on the horizon. I'm a realist. I saw many good things last night. I also saw many of the same old problems.

How on earth can you [censored] and moan after we just beat the 2 best teams in the NBA last year??

And lost to the #2 team in the EC by 1 point AWAY.

Woody has these guys playing above their heads...Enjoy it and quit bitching.

Quote:

How many times have you seen Nash get stripped two or three times in one game?

Just because he was stripped a few times doesn't mean he didn't have a great game. He still shot 12-19 from the field and 7-10 from 3, not bad at all, considering he still had 11 assists. Had it not been for Nash's unconscious shooting, we would've killed PHX.

Quote:

So, you're making excuses for us....winning....?

Wow, you are an awesome fan!!

Sounds like you really want us to win!

More than you do. My "rooting" starts with the tipoff and ends with the buzzer. The rest of the time I am a critical thinker. You dig? We started last year in much the same fashion. How did that end up? Wile you are enjoying the ride, I'm worrying about who is flying the plane and if the hydraulics work.

Quote:

Quote:

So, you're making excuses for us....winning....?

Wow, you are an awesome fan!!

Sounds like you really want us to win!

More than you do. My "rooting" starts with the tipoff and ends with the buzzer. The rest of the time I am a critical thinker. You dig? We started last year in much the same fashion. How did that end up? Wile you are enjoying the ride, I'm worrying about who is flying the plane and if the hydraulics work.

I think we have definitely started off more impressively this year even though we are 2-2 compared to 4-1...We have had a much tougher schedule, and have proven we can play with, AND BEAT absolutely anyone.

Woody has these guys playing with great passion, and as a team we are playing ABOVE OUR HEADS...That is what a good coach should do...Have your players playing their hardest and above their talent (I'm talking *ready* talent...not potential talent).

Wait to criticize him until we start consistently losing to teams we should beat.

• 1 month later...

is right here...

Quote:

The answer is clear. No. I don't see us sniffing 35 wins.

Quote:

Many people here seem to have no clue how basketball is played.

Quote:

Just like it's not hard to realize that Woodson is above his head as a thinker and has been for 3 years. We will NEVER have a winning record with him as coach.

Quote:

We will never win with Woody as coach. All Woody has ever known is losing. How does it make sense to continue to let him talk to our young players? Nothing he ever did as a player ammounted to anything positive. What can he honestly tell them?

Quote:

I will continue to point to the record if people defend Woody. That's only going to get worse.

LOL . . you just love to stir the pot.

It's too bad technology isn't advanced enough for the two of you to have a "virtual reality" fight in The Octagon. Or ish, set up a real octagon and let you two really go at it. Question is: which one of you would cheat, grab a kendo stick, and beat the hell out of your opponent first.

Quote:

LOL . . you just love to stir the pot.

It's too bad technology isn't advanced enough for the two of you to have a "virtual reality" fight in The Octagon. Or ish, set up a real octagon and let you two really go at it. Question is: which one of you would cheat, grab a kendo stick, and beat the hell out of your opponent first.

Funny i am watching a fight right now, Chase Bebe vs Ronnie Yaya. Chase is one tough sob.

As far as Troy goes i don't need to cheat. all i have to is quote his posts. They speak for themselves.

A lesser man would say that it's a long season and we're still the Hawks. I'll gladly eat some crow, if the time comes. I want nothing more than to be wrong about this. I want us to win, I just feel Woody will always hold us back from what we could do. I'm a fan, I was upset. Woody not calling TO the other night and getting down 12-0 before we got our second shot off, is what I'm talking about. We battled the rest of the game but we were killed in the first minutes.

With Ex, I might grab the stick!

Quote:

Why don't we ask "who has been in the most arguments in the last week?"

I think we know the answer. That's pretty negative, to me.

Really? So all the arguments i had with you about JJ mean that i am negative about the Hawks?

I didn't realize negative and argumentative were synonyms.