• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will we (Hawks) draft at #21 and #37?

Hawksman

Maybe, if we are lucky, we will get the 1, 2, or 3 pick. Otherwise, it goes to the Bucks. Right now we have the #21 and #37 pick. Billy Knight said he is looking a lot at European players. Who will we pick? I hope we get someone who can start helping the team right away. What does this mean for David Andersen? Maybe we should try him. What do you guys think? Who do you want on our team?

Everything I've heard says Billy Knight is looking at guards for the draft, so it would not surprise me to see them go after Zoran Planinic, a 6-6 PG from Croatia, with the 21st pick. I don't think he would last to 37.

I think a name to remember will be Victor Khryapa. He's a slender, 6-9 point forward type of player with excellent court vision and ball handling skills.

Boris Diaw-Riffiod would be a great pick, but he doesn't help us much in the ball handling department.

Carlos Delfino 6'7" SG/SF South American from the European League. Supposedly a good defender (on the ball & off the ball), scorer and athlete. Compares to Mano Ginobili which I like.

Aleksandar Pavlovic 6'7" SF/SG Serbian from the European League. Supposedly an extremely athletic swingman with long arms, great explosiveness, and ball handling. Can penetrate with either hand, speed & crossover. Can shoot in space, off the dribble and on the pull-up an offensive juggernaut.

This is from NBA Draft.net, I'd like the Hawks mangement to atleast scout, workout these guys. The European player looks to be here to stay, we might as well get on board. We could keep JT, pair him with one of these guys. We'd be able to keep maybe Ira, and wait on DJ to fully recover and not rush him. We could get out and run some with Big Dog on the bench.

My wishfull thinking.

My wishful thinking includes inserting one of those guys at starting sg until/if DJ gets back on track and then let them battle it out...or perhaps battle it out with a STARTING IRA NEWBLE...of course this means that GRob has to be traded for a bag of peanuts, but wait, nope, those aren't my eyes tearing at the prospect of bye bye dogg...

At first I said we would draft either Kirk Hinrich or Ebi Ere. It is clear to me now that the european players are better. They play the fundementals. Just like Babcock said, european players know how to play the game, the USA guys care about showing the crowd their dunking and crossovers. Euro's will get you wins. More and more I am falling in love with this Boris guy. I think both of our picks will be european players.