• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Biggest Cause For Hawks' Woes In '03

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Considering Diesel and my discussion and our relative assertion that it was JT's (and Theo's and SAR's) fault more than Robinsons and that it was Robinson's fault most of all respectively, help settle this by voting yourselves. Diesel, I will vote so feel free to vote.

• Premium Member

I just want to clarify; do you feel that Big Dog was:

1. Not the Hawks' biggest problem, but definitely a problem

-or-

2. Not a problem at all

-or-

3. The Hawks' biggest problem, but not significantly more troubling than the others...

If it's #1, feel free to explain what you would 1st address as Hawks' GM.

JT-Can't run the offense.Needs a simple(and I do

mean simply)predictable offense to be effective.

Good teams pickup(often before the game)what

the team is doing..

Glen Robinson-Big hog.....little basketball skills..Heck,

Shaq is a better dribbler than Robinson is!How can the

guy be a good basketball player if he can't even dribble?

Shareef-No heart,desire...and doesn't hit the boards

enough.

Theo-Doesn't board and unpolished on offense..

Nazr-Injuried...Should be traded before we are stuck

with him and his bad feet for years to come

Hendu-Gives us nothing compaired to his contract

Dan Dickau-Next Stockton?Yeah,then he woke up!

• Premium Member

I feel that Big Dog was NOT the Hawks Only Problem.

I think that there were some problems... [censored], JT not being able to run plays could have been "The Biggest Problem". Or being a team without a Leader could have been the hawks "Biggest Problem".

However, for us as educated fans to sit down and point the finger at one guy (who happens to be our leading scorer and a good rebounding SF) and say... He's the ONLY problem or the Biggest problem is us being detached from reality.

Certainly everyone shares in the blame.

Mostly Lon Kruger. Lon made these big plans on going to the playoffs, but he never defined roles. He never provided enough structure. Babs too. Babs didn't give us quality people in the backcourt and frontcourt. It was definitely a mistake to pass on Kevin Willis. Past behind, Willis could have offered great Size which our frontcourt lacks. I don't know about Ham. I don't know if he played his game and it's disappointing or if being in a system of Chaos was not helpful.

However, there are some main problems that hindered our Hawks.

1. Lack of other ballhandlers.

JT is not competent enough as a PG to be the only ballhandler. For Godsakes, he still runs into traps and makes bad decisions with the ball. Grob and SAR can't handle the rock. Glover can add help, but not enough to be able to run an offense.

2. Lack of 3 pt shooters.

The Lost of Toni, DJ, and even Email & Vaughn hurt us in this area. Teams like the Knicks showed no respect for our three point shooting. When we show up with our already movement lacking offense, Teams collapse on the post and dare Grob/SAR to beat us from outside.

3. Lack of definition.

From game to game, we didn't know who was what. Can anybody name our first option? I mean, we want it to be SAR because when he scores alot we win more than Lose.... However, that wasn't clearly defined. There were games when our team made it their mission to play that way.

4. Lack of Identity.

We have none. That really means NOBody to rally around.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....amp;o=&vc=1

I would vote for DJ's injury being the biggest reason. We lost out second perimeter shooter and a good defensive player. He may not be all world but he helped the two areas that hurt us most. Imagine if DJ and Ira could of been on the floor together at times causing havoc on D. And imagine if DJ would have took many of those open jumpers that others missed. Plus DJ just is flat out athletic and we have very few athletic players Theo is the only one I can think of.