• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Love the optimism on the boad

Vafan

It was just last year that this board was so gloomy. What a change the new year has brought!!! We are actually have a thoughtful debate on how to beat the Celtics instead of tearing each other throats on issues such as who to draft, how MW or Shelden sucks, etc. What a welcome change. woohoo.gif

Quote:

Actually, last year at this time we were 4-0 and everybody was optimistic except Hots and Ex.

If injuries start piling up like last season, you'll see all optimism evaporate. Well, this theory works for Boston too. Only worse. At least we got a future. With their age the probability of injury is also much higher.

Quote:

It was just last year that this board was so gloomy. What a change the new year has brought!!! We are actually have a thoughtful debate on how to beat the Celtics instead of tearing each other throats on issues such as who to draft, how MW or Shelden sucks, etc. What a welcome change.
woohoo.gif

Wassup VAFan. You coming down for any games? Normally every year I would be in Vietnam right now but due to my grandfather I had to stay behind till after Thanksgiving. I'll be back before Christmas. Let me know if you going to any games. Yeah..gotta love the optimism so far. Holla!

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, last year at this time we were 4-0 and everybody was optimistic except Hots and Ex.

LOL I wasn't even posting here then. I guess you forgot about my forced vacation. Not surprising since you can't remember what you post half the time.

Stop expecting him to be fact based.

Quote:

Quote:

If injuries start piling up like last season, you'll see all optimism evaporate. Well, this theory works for Boston too. Only worse. At least we got a future. With their age the probability of injury is also much higher.

If the injuries pile up? Man, there are alot of fickle fans on this board. If the Hawks lose one game they start with the Sky is Falling Threads. Wanting to trade everyone and fire everyone. It gets ridiculous. I'm glad the Hawks are putting a good product out on the floor. I love the team, and have since I was a kid and Nique, Doc, and Spudd were rolling through the league. Win or lose, I'm here and happy to be a Hawks fan (don't have to whisper that anymore! lol)

Quote:

I wasn't even allowed to post here this time last year after my skirmish with BHD.

Do you really believe all the lies you tell on here? I feel sorry for you if you do.

Man, I remember those TBS days. This used to run commericals of the Hawks on TBS constantly. The hawks used to be called "Atlanta's Air Force." I really miss the Bird vs Nique days. But I think I can proudly say that I stuck with the hawks throughout the years even though I am the ONLY HAWKS FAN IN VIRGINIA.

Quote:

Man, I remember those TBS days. This used to run commericals of the Hawks on TBS constantly. The hawks used to be called "Atlanta's Air Force." I really miss the Bird vs Nique days. But I think I can proudly say that I stuck with the hawks throughout the years even though I am the ONLY HAWKS FAN IN VIRGINIA.

We've got a team now that looks like they will fight to the end. Young guys Law, Al, Mario, the Joshes, Shelden (a battler I say), Salim (guy will block shots at 6'1") "the Sniper", and now Marvin is aggressive. We have what it takes to win in the NBA. The most impressive about the Loss to NJ was how they walked off the court. All of the ones I saw looked pissed and determined. Looked like a team of winners denied their portion. I believe we have a special group.

I'll tell you something else, don't think we won't see a contribution from Speedy. I know what you have seen, but I believe he really wants to come back. If he gets healthy, woe to the Points we face.

Also, Zaza debuts tonight.

rock_band.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I wasn't even allowed to post here this time last year after my skirmish with BHD.

He probably meant Walter.

But, yeah, I missed you. Who else would get the irony of this:

ESPN

yeah i saw that. Strange to tear your ACL and then turn around and tear a ligament in your thumb wtf.

And no D definitely wasn't talking about Walter. He hasn't forgiven me about my skepticism during a winning streak during JJ's first season here. The Hawks were lighting it up from 3 and still barely winning against weak teams. When i wasn't impressed D jumped all over it.

I was right of course but that doesn't matter. In his mind he firmly believed the hawks could shoot 50% from three the rest of the season and that i was just a hater.