• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Plays GM for the Offseason.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just got the GM job for the Hawks.... Here's what I'm going to do.

1. GIve JT a 5 year 33 million dollar deal with a team opt in the 3 year and a player opt in the 4th year.

2. Sign DJ (if he is 90%) to a 2 year deal starting at 2 million.

3. Call up my good buddies in NY and MIlwaukee. give them this three way:

GRob/Nazr/Dickau to NY.

Spreewell/Doleac/Williams to Milwaukee.

Cassell/Tim Thomas to us.

On draft day... We draft:

Pavel Podkolzin (1st)

Chris Thomas, Brandon Knight*, Chris Massie*, Chris Marcus, Josh Howard, or Kyle Korver with the second rounder.

In free agency.... Spend some money and get:

Jon Barry, Eric Piakwoski, or Raja Bell.

IN the end, our depth chart could be:

JT/Thomas

Cassell/Barry/DJ

Tim Thomas/CC

SAR/Hendu/Massey

Theo/Podkolzin

The thing I like about this lineup is that Thomas is Athletic and Cassell can run the offense and score. I also like having Barry coming off the bench adding in 3 pters and assists. JT will really have to work or risk becoming trade bait. The draft choice Podlkolzin is to my liking because he can block shots and rebound... Plus he's a biggun. DJ gets a chance to prove himself probably playing more SF than SG.

• Premium Member

Thomas might be an underachiever... BUT he's athletic and can shoot the three. Remember, we're not looking for him as a first or second option scorer. What we are looking for is him to come in. Play good defense and run the floor with JT and Cassell. No doubt, Big Dog is more consistent. But WIth our lineup, Thomas helps us to become a Running team. Plus, who is to say that DJ won't overtake Thomas at the 3?

• Admin

I'd do those deals. Only I would offer DJ a contract starting at about 1.2mil. I say starting, I would say a firm 1.2mil actually. He's not going to get much more than that, if any, on the open market. And I think it's a reasonable sum to offer a player who put up below average stats before breaking his neck.

• Premium Member

One other thing...

The trade.

The premise is this:

Milwaukee does the trade becuase they have designs on Moving Cassell and playing Mason or Redd at SG. Getting Spreewell brings Better defense and he can also play the 3 and add speed to the Lineup. Moving Thomas is a Must being that he's a 9 million dollar player on the Bench. They also get Frank Williams who will be a good PG to play behind GP. Lastly they get Doleac, he's nothing special, but he gives them size and an ending contract.

NY does the deal becuase it's time for Spree to go. With Houston at the SG and McDyess maybe coming to play PF... They could use a Sf who can score. I have my doubts about McDyess. They also get Nazr. This is a steal for NY because Nazr can step in at C and be the man.

Already, their new lineup is:

Eisley/Houston/Grob/McDyess/Nazr...

That's not bad considering they have an inside outside game. If McDyess is healthy. I think one thing that they will draft for or trade for is a PG. I say Dickau goes to NY... BUT also I think they have intentions on getting a PG weather it be Ford, Barbosa, or a free agent like Alston or Anderson.

For us...

I say we look to run. I think part of TT's problem in Milwuakee is that when they don't run, he's left to be a standstill shooter. That offense works for Big Dog because he can shoot and it works for Toni because he won't stand still. BUt For TT, he becomes KVH.... and sometimes he shoots himself out of the game. Well, IN Atlanta... Whatever coach we get should develop a simple plan. We run. When we're not running, the ball goes in to SAR. When he's doubled... The ball goes out to Thomas, Cassell, or JT.

If we spread the floor with Shooters, teams won't be able to key in on SAR as much. IF we run alot, teams won't be able to stop us.

I agree D - that trade makes NY a deadly inside/half court team (if Antonio McD is healthy) and makes us a very comfortable, quick running team...

• Premium Member

I don't think that TT would be a great help. IN fact, I honestly believe that DJ might be better if he gets healthy enough to play. What I do believe is that TT can run and finish. I think in Milwaukee he got used to shooting from outside. What we would have to do is make him a slashing threat.

Again, that falls under the right coach. I think that the best part of the deal for us is Cassell.