What's going on in Orlando?

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/bask...ic14051403may14,0,4292154.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

I think the Magic might get Brad Miller. It makes sense. They can pay him as much as Indy (if not more) Indy has to figure out what it will do with Oneal, Reggie, and Others.

Can you see that lineup?

Miller/Gooden/Tmac/G-Man/ and possibly Arenas?

Dayuum

Arenas? where're you getting that from?

Indy's really in a bind with Miller unless he feels like being super generous with his next contract...

How, on God's green earth, did you get that Orlando can sign Brad Miller AND Gilbert Arenas out of that article?

Miller will get more than the MCE from some team. Orlando can't pay him as much as Indiana can, so I don't know where you got that.

• Admin

Miller would be a good addition, but he's not going to push them above bottom-feeder status in the east. Arenas would help a lot. But I'd put their chances at landing him at about 20%.

They need a bigtime scorer in the paint. Someone who can draw the defense and make Mcgrady even better, if such a thing were possible smile.gif Miller is solid, but he doesn't fit that bill.

• Premium Member

Talking about Indiana's Status...

I said that they won't have the money to resign him at higher than 4.6 million. Based on the fact that Most of Indy's players are FA this summer. There's Miller, Miller, Oneal, Strickland, and Hardaway. Not most of their players but 2 of their good players and Miller. I don't know... Maybe they will give Reggie his walking papers. However, even after they do that, they still have to fit Oneal and Miller in contracts on a team that has Croshere, Mercer, Artest, and Harrington all sporting contracts.

Actually, I think Miller would make them more formidable, by quite a bit. Here's why...he's got size and strength and agility...not much above "average" in any one of those areas, but very comptetent in all. Can hit the 12-18 foot jumper with reliability for a big man. Good one on one defender, decent help defender. Surprising knack for scoring and boarding in subtle ways. He wouldn't require the ball in his hands nor to have plays called for him...Arenas would.

Arenas would struggle quite a bit there...TMac'd have the ball in his hands much of the time...much like Iverson in Philly, he's really their pg...or at elast primary ball handler.

They'd have the team built almost to plan...another big boarder inside who can decently defend and clog the lane, is a smart player and won't require any shots. Gooden will get a play called for him from time to time....GG serves as the perfect compliment, as he becomes a spot up, catch and shoot player that's expected to drive only on occasion. It'd be a scary team dude.

Miller would be a great pickup for Orlando, making them much tougher inside. Arenas is a big longshot. They'd be best served to pick a PG with their 1st Rounder. They pick at #15, so could Ridnour be a possibility? He'd play well for a running/athletic team, which is what Orlando is building. He's a sweet shooter who would, along with Giricek, gives T-Mac two deadly snipers to defer to off the double teams.

Ridnour/Giricek/McGrady/Gooden/Miller would be a top team in the East, if they could get a bench together. They have very few players under contract next year, and still have Grant Hill sitting there.