• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Soth, any news about Woody?

Guest GHook4

Your correct. It was Mullin. But, the point was that I was talking about my season tickets and I wanted his insight because the "inside sources" posts were coming a mile a minute and I had doubts. It was just a BTW, is this possible comment. I had to know what the chances were that these posts were truly inside scoop.

But, your point is well taken. Anyone can claim anything on a site like this one. Sothrons info is just so general it doesn't add up to much in my view. And checking time lines? Who has the time? It was generally assumed by many that because of BK's relationship with Gasol that we might be talking. I didn't need a source to tell me.

There is not a franchise in the NBA that would let an insider give scoop to a message board. It makes no sense. What is to be gained by having something leaked like this kind of stuff? Are the Hawks better today if the Biedrins for Smoove rumor hits the site? Who benefits? Mullin, Levenson, or Gearon would be silencing the source in short order. And most people value their employment more than giving a friend inside scoop.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Your correct. It was Mullin. But, the point was that I was talking about my season tickets and I wanted his insight because the "inside sources" posts were coming a mile a minute and I had doubts. It was just a BTW, is this possible comment. I had to know what the chances were that these posts were truly inside scoop.

But, your point is well taken. Anyone can claim anything on a site like this one. Sothrons info is just so general it doesn't add up to much in my view. And checking time lines? Who has the time? It was generally assumed by many that because of BK's relationship with Gasol that we might be talking. I didn't need a source to tell me.

There is not a franchise in the NBA that would let an insider give scoop to a message board. It makes no sense. What is to be gained by having something leaked like this kind of stuff? Are the Hawks better today if the Biedrins for Smoove rumor hits the site? Who benefits? Mullin, Levenson, or Gearon would be silencing the source in short order. And most people value their employment more than giving a friend inside scoop.

I'll PM you something about this.

Quote:

There's really no proof that either you or Soth are telling the truth... The fact that the media "broke" a similar story that Soth had been talking about on the message board is not even remotely close to proof.

I think Sothron has been not only accurate but humble. There are no delusions of grandeur here. He's not proclaiming he has ANY first hand knowledge or insight himself, he's simply reporting what seems a (to him known) credible source somewhere well within the organization. His ONLY claim that nobody else can claim is that he knows and communicates with this person about Hawk's basketball.

...And people flame him for it?!?

Talk about your envy, people. You guys envy a guy who knows a guy who knows a thing or two about the Hawks first hand SO MUCH you flame him for it. Silliness.

Sothron, I appreciate, look forward to, and believe your commentary for the most part because YOU ARE HUMBLE ABOUT IT, you qualify your reports, and the reports seem to play out.

Sadly, you really are in a can't win with these guys Sothron. The more you are right, the more you will be envied by them. In this case their envy will trump any evidence of proof or the sincerity of your reporting.

Thanks,

W

• Premium Member

I'm not flaming him. I just don't believe it. I have no problem with him posting ANYTHING at all(as long as it isn't Lawstudent material.) , and I respect his right to do so, just as you should respect my right to not believe stuff I read on a message board

I actually like the posts, despite not believing in their accuracy, because they at least spark some pretty decent discussion... so, basically, I apologize if I seem to be flaming Sothron, it is honestly not my intention.

Quote:

Sothrons info is just so general it doesn't add up to much in my view.

You're right. It's not like Adelman represents a specific head coach. It's just a general term used to describe the most recent former coach of the Sacramento Kings. Nothing specific there. Same with who GS offered in a trade for whom. Biedrins could be any player, Josh Smith could be any player, and GS could be any team. Nothing specific.

You don't have to believe Sothron's claim that he knows a guy within the Hawk organization who discusses some of these issues with Sothron, but please, at least, don't make up reasons that are so obviously, immeditaely contradicted.

"Sothron isn't specific (snicker) and therefore unworthy of belief, particularly to the extent that I will attempt to flame him" is simply inane.

Moreover, if you are going to argue that Sothron isn't specific enough to be believed...USE SPECIFICS (like I just did) or else you are subject to your own critique and should flame yourself for it.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

There's really no proof that either you or Soth are telling the truth... The fact that the media "broke" a similar story that Soth had been talking about on the message board is not even remotely close to proof.

I think Sothron has been not only accurate but humble. There are no delusions of grandeur here. He's not proclaiming he has ANY first hand knowledge or insight himself, he's simply reporting what seems a (to him known) credible source somewhere well within the organization. His ONLY claim that nobody else can claim is that he knows and communicates with this person about Hawk's basketball.

...And people flame him for it?!?

Talk about your envy, people. You guys envy a guy who knows a guy who knows a thing or two about the Hawks first hand SO MUCH you flame him for it. Silliness.

Sothron, I appreciate, look forward to, and believe your commentary for the most part because YOU ARE HUMBLE ABOUT IT, you qualify your reports, and the reports seem to play out.

Sadly, you really are in a can't win with these guys Sothron. The more you are right, the more you will be envied by them. In this case their envy will trump any evidence of proof or the sincerity of your reporting.

Thanks,

W

Bill Shanks and two ESPN guys said exactly the same thing. Thanks for the support Walt! I will keep posting what they let me post because I know some of you guys appreciate it for what it is. If other people want to attack me personally or not believe the information...that's fine as well.

I know Jaywalker had tons of people who never believed he had access to the team and I'm nowhere as talented as Jason.

Btw my wife doesn't want me to post anything because it upsets her that people don't believe me and that I shouldn't put myself out there to be attacked. Maybe she's right, I dunno, but I've never claimed to be anything but a regular joe who got lucky with a friendship with Jason to meet some people who led me to meet other people. shhh.gif

• Admin

I actually have to agree with you.

I don't think he is making it up at all. I think that these are legitimate things that he has been told and he is nice enough to give us some inside scoop.

It does not mean any of the rumors are going to happen.

I have not watch much of Benidris to know what kind of player he is. I don't see what GS would do it simply because they have nothing but sf on their team anyway.

I would love to see Gasol in a Hawks uniform. He would be a great compliment to JJ.

Quote:

just as you should respect my right to not believe stuff I read on a message board

I would respect it more if either:

1) you kept your all-disbelief to yourself since it appears indiscriminate,

2) state it once simply WITH the qualifier that your enter into the choice with a bias that prevents you from believing ANY of the "stuff you read on a message board" and your opinion is thereby severely tainted against Sothron if not inconsequential to the discussion of whether Sothron is telling the truth when he says he is in communication with someone within the Hawk organization.

3) State it all you want, but back your [censored] up.

Remember, if we all came to this message board with your degree of skepticism, we wouldn't even believe your stated disbelief in Sothron and we would be justified in doing so according to your premise.

I've always liked your screen name however so I'll withhold such skepticism for now.

W

Quote:

Bill Shanks and two ESPN guys said exactly the same thing. Thanks for the support Walt! I will keep posting what they let me post because I know some of you guys appreciate it for what it is. If other people want to attack me personally or not believe the information...that's fine as well.

I know Jaywalker had tons of people who never believed he had access to the team and I'm nowhere as talented as Jason.

Btw my wife doesn't want me to post anything because it upsets her that people don't believe me and that I shouldn't put myself out there to be attacked. Maybe she's right, I dunno, but I've never claimed to be anything but a regular joe who got lucky with a friendship with Jason to meet some people who led me to meet other people.
shhh.gif

Just remember that I don't think you will ever "win these people over" and don't let it get you down should you not. It's precisely this sort of information that I prefer here at HS. We have too little of it since Jaywalker all but left. Please, don't hold back when you can report it.

W

Walt, if you don't think I backed it up then go back and re-read. I have never seen anything of value or substance by Sothron as inside info. He's played the "general" game and listed 18 scenarios that were mainly hoopshype stuff.

If you find value then wonderful. The day that I hear something definitive before it happens will be the day I change my mind. I've sifted through enough "inside scoop" to know that I don't need these updates.

But plenty of people read fiction and believe in fairy tales. God Bless you.

• Premium Member

My disbelief doesn't originate from a bias that I won't believe anything said in any message board ever... it comes from the fact that if something doesn't make sense to me, AND it comes from a message board, then I won't believe it UNTIL it starts making sense to me... The Biedrins trade, and the Woody situation, don't make sense to me at all, and the explanations that I have been given don't convince me otherwise. Does that mean I'm right? No. And I haven't claimed that.

I don't think I have been flaming Sothron... though admittedly the initial "I don't want to call the man a liar post" was slightly tactless, the point of it was to try to get some input on why the Woody situation may be developing the way Sothron explained. I didn't want to "discredit" Sothron and even advocated against, what I perceived to be, an attempt to do so by TP.

Quote:

Some of us don't believe the post And yes they are, general in nature.

Then please provide the specific examples of their generalness or else get laughed outta here using your same critique!

In short, nobody should believe YOU because you are too general about your accusations about Sothron's relative generalness.

Anyhow, I find the notion of a NAMED, SPECIFIC coach's AGENT calling us, very specific. Same with two specifically named players, a mentioned 1st rd pick (it would seem we would want one given we do not have one this coming year), and a specifically named team would be specific enough. Am I missing something here? Does Sothron need to tell you people what he was eating at the time? Maybe, what he was wearing?

"I KNEW Sothron was lieing about the rumored deal for Gasol because there is NO WAY Sothron HEARD this rumor while eating kettle style potato chips. You can't hear ANYTHING while eating those things. Impossible!"

W

Just another thing...

Sothron was here for a long time before the sudden "sources" posts started popping up. Why all of the sudden, with this great wealth of inside scoop, would it all be revealed?

The 2006 draft we got nada, bumpkus. Nary an inside word. Did the sources say to finally go public?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just another thing...

Sothron was here for a long time before the sudden "sources" posts started popping up. Why all of the sudden, with this great wealth of inside scoop, would it all be revealed?

The 2006 draft we got nada, bumpkus. Nary an inside word.
Did the sources say to finally go public?

Yes. And for the reasons I PMed you about. shrug.gif

First you don't know me...and I don't [censored] about you...lets get that straight first

Second of all. He posts about the impossible. Rick A, has been the coach of the Rockets since the summer. So....now we hear he was inquiring about the Hawks position. Why not Hubbie Brown? where is Larry Brown coaching? these guys are working no where. You see it would be easier to believe this BEFORE he went to the Rockets. Now we know..this is impossible to validate

How about Smoove...lets see, a trade offer was turned down...Okay. Now what? how are we supposed to believe that is the case? How will we even know this happened? Especially after we've failed to do anything significant since BK was here.

And the whole Woody situation? who doesn't know that AS thinks the can win the case with Belkin? Who doesn't know that we can't afford another coach..until this situation is resolved.

If you would like to share with rest of us skeptics....what convinced you, maybe it will go along way towards credibility. But at this point, his substance is no better than mind.