• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A plan for the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I say we back it up and consider the following:

Trading for Ridnour.

We all have expressed the need for PG play. I say we trade AJ/2nd to Seattle for Luke Ridnour.

The reason is simple. Ridnour is a decent ball handler but he can shoot from outside. He may also be uptempo. He's not getting much run in Seattle so maybe it's possible that they'd dump salary and send him to us. He's not as old or expensive as Andre Miller. He's not as erratic as Tinsley or the guy from NY (Marbury's cousin).

Trading Zaza.

While he's still not playing a lot, now would be a good time to move Zaza's contract. He has value. I think he can be part of a bigger deal to get us a player. I would hold off on a big deal (Say Zaza/core player for Gasol) until closer to the deadline.

Watch Chicago

The way Chicago has been playing, there will be fallout. The players who were to be traded this summer are playing half heartedly now. I guess they don't trust the team.

Quote:

Trading for Ridnour.

We all have expressed the need for PG play. I say we trade AJ/2nd to Seattle for Luke Ridnour.

The reason is simple. Ridnour is a decent ball handler but he can shoot from outside. He may also be uptempo. He's not getting much run in Seattle so maybe it's possible that they'd dump salary and send him to us. He's not as old or expensive as Andre Miller. He's not as erratic as Tinsley or the guy from NY (Marbury's cousin).

I like that idea, even though Ridnour is by no means a final solution. If we can get Ridnour for THAT deal, I'd do it (that deal seems a bit optimistic, even though Ridnour isnt all that good this year, and he does look like the odd man out). He would definitely be able to give us 20/min a night in a role that would help our offense. Acie would still get more minutes, but some of the pressure would be aleviated.

I'd still like to get Calderon and Gasol, but that just doesnt seem possible.

Quote:

I say we back it up and consider the following:

Trading for Ridnour.

That would be a steal !

Especially considering the Sonics wanted the #11 pick for Ridnour at draft time.

I think the Sonics could get more then AJ and a 2nd round pick but they may rather have AJ's expiring contract. If the Sonics do this deal it is a no brainer (even for BK standards, he is seems trigger shy, which is not necesarilly a bad thing.)

I definately agree on trading ZaZa. He is definately a chip that is over valued, currently, in the market place. The longer he struggles the more red flags go up with opposing GMs. I say we trade ZaZa ASAP, while he still has SOME value.

Hmmmm.......ZaZa with expiring contracts like Lo and AJ and a 2nd round pick......Hmmmm........What is that worth ?

What ever team takes a deal like that would be for finacial reasons only b/c NO scout is going to sign off on a ZaZa trade, it would be like firing your self. It will be a GM making a fincial decision under the order of the team owner that does a deal like this.

Quote:

Who the hell wants the backup non defensive playing pg from a bad team?

Are you talking about AJ or Ridnour ? They are both non defensive PGs from bad teams.

I agree, who wants either one of them. If I had to have one it would be Ridnour in a second.

You would not want Ridnour if all it cost was AJ and a 2nd round pick ?

Its not like we are trading Chills for Ridnour (which was discussed for a month last year or the #11 pick which was discussed at draft time).

• Premium Member

I just believe that Ridnour is one of the more available PGs this season... especially with the Sonics kinda starting over. I can see them making a major push for Mayo or Rose... and I also believe that they would be major players in the FAcy game. This move would clear up some more cap space!

For us, I see Ridnour as that guy who can split time with Acie and really be an OG kinda tutor for him. A guy who can run an offense but at the same time not afraid to take shots!

Quote:

that would definately be a steal. but what about trading speedy and lo for ridnour and one of their 7 footers. Speedy might be better then aj, but at least aj stays healthy. what good is speedy if he can't even get his --- off the bench!! Plus we could get rid of his 6 million a year bs contract.

They don't want AJ or Speedy. What they want is a contract that comes off the books next year. AJ's does and Speedy's doesn't.

• Premium Member

Seattle wouldn't want AJ for his play. I mean, he could help tutor Delonte but I doubt it. Seattle is full uptempo. Seattle would want to get out of Ridnour's contract. For all practical purposes, he looks like the odd man out... and he makes too much money to be a 15 mpg BuPG. Now, for salary purposes, we might have to give them Salim too. I'd still do an AJ/Salim for Ridnour deal (even though I like Salim at the 3 pt line!)