• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the guy...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Throughout the NFL, there have always been guys who have represented the Sport and made you say "Now that guy is the NFL"... Weather it was Unitus, Broadway Joe, Tony Dorsett, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, or whoever.

Who is the guy NOW that makes you say "Not that guy is the NFL"?

• Premium Member

I was trying to Narrow it down.

I think it's between Brady, Farve, Manning and Lewis.

The thing about Brady is that he doesn't seem to have a Love for the game...

He wins. But does he have the love.

To me, Farve and Lewis are those guys who seem like they would play this game for free just tell them what time the game starts and where to be.

Farve is about 88 years old, everybody telling him to retire, he says FU comes out and puts up a hellavu season and will prolly play until he can't play.

Lewis brings such a level of intensity and Pride... He's like the KG of football. He wants to compete and he wants to win and nothing else matters.

Manning.. He has that History behind him. However, he hasn't shown that he has that love of the game yet.

I guess it's because Manning and Brady hasn't been attached to bad teams yet. I think being on a bad team is what shows what you are made of. Walter Payton was the man because for YEARS... the Bears were horrible. Guys like Billy Sims and Barry Sanders were much better running backs than Payton but won't be remembered as a bigger name to the game because those guys eventually quit under the pressure of playing on a losing team.

Emit Smith was at one point what i would call "NFL guy" because I remember him playing against the NY Giants (LT) with a separated shoulder. He could have went out of the game but that competitiveness brought him back into the game.

Back to Farve... Last year, his team sucked. He was telling anyone who would listen that these guys are the best talents that he has had in GB... HUH??

I don't know what guy represents Football the most. Do you take the most successful guy... or do you take the guy who perseveres and arrives. I'm a persevere, leave your heart on the field kinda thinker. That being the case, it's hard to see Brady's Metal and I know he's going to go down as a great QB.

Manning. The dudes everywhere. He is a good guy and a good role model and you can easily put him in the best qb/player in the game argument. Brady is usually on the better team cause of their d until last year when the Colts d played well. I think Manning is the better qb. Not only that but Brady is kind of a prick and he has the San Fran bisexual lisp, lol.