• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something to think about.

KB21

Baron Davis just got a max extension offer.

It looks like Mike Bibby will get the max from Sacramento.

Andre Miller is looking for the max and will get it from someone that thinks he can do for them what Kidd did for New Jersey.

Out of these players, I think Davis is the only one that is really worth the max.

What does this mean for Jason Terry? Looking at the career stats of these players, Jason Terry is the best scorer of the bunch. While he is last in assists among these players, his assist totals have gone up each year.

Mike Bibby is coming off a season where he averaged 13.5 ppg and 5.0 apg. Jason Terry averaged 19.3 ppg and 5.7 apg. Davis averaged around 18 points and 8 assists per game. Miller averaged 16 points and 10 assists per game.

While some may not think JT is worth it, he's probably going to get the max if all these players get it. We might as well give it to him in an extension this offseason.

• Admin

I don't think any of them are "max" Players. Miller and Davis are close though. Bibby is NOT a max player and never will be. I dont' care how good you are in a few playoff games. He he stepped it up and showed he could play like that for an entire season, perhaps. But I don't think he's capable of playing at that level full time.

JT isn't a max player either. He deserves a very very good contract, but not the max. If he steps up and shows he can be a real PG for this team, give him the max. Otherwise no.

Davis already has his max extension. If Bibby does indeed get the max from the Kings, the Hawks will have to pony up to keep Jason Terry. His stats are better han Bibby's, and he is simply the better player between the two.

If those guys get the max, then JT is going to get it.

If we give it to him now, we get him cheaper over the long haul than we will if we wait till after this season.

In a day and age where people get $5 million a season to score 5 ppg, JT is worth the max considering the leadership and attitude he brings to this team along with his playmaking ability.

JT as of now is not a max player, but he can be a max player after this season, we just have to see what he does this season as the fulltime PG. IMO I think Jt will have an allstar year, it all depends how good ar ethe Hawks when February comes around, if the Hawks have a better rec. than Hornets, Cavs (more likely they will), and Nets........JT imo should be an allstar. We all know he can score now the question is, If he can get his teammates involved? he proved it last year that he can. I'm behind JT 100%.

JT is a very good player but obviously he doesn't have NEARLY as much value as Andre Miller or Baron Davis. Stats are important but they don't tell the whole story. Do you think LAC would have sent us Odom, #8 (Carron Butler) and #12 (Ely) for JT? I don't, but they were willing to give up such a package for Davis or Miller. I view JT as being in the same situation as Sczerbiak, worthy of a very substantial contract but not the max. I don't care if Sczerbiak was voted to the All Star game by the coaches while Brand and Davis were injury replacements. Sczerbiak doesn't have as much value as either one of them.

Honestly, I don't think Andre Miller is worth the max either but I do think Baron Davis is. Even still, Miller has more value than JT. The funny thing about that is that I think JT is every bit as good, if not better, than Miller. Unfortunately for JT, I don't think many people outside the city of Atlanta would agree with that statement.

It would be difficult to say who's better between Miller and JT at this point in their career because they approach the PG position from two completely different perspectives. IMO, these two are very equal in almost all aspects (game play, team value, trade value, character) and I, for one, just feel lucky that we have one of these guys on our team. And to think, the Cavs are actively trying to "rid" themselves of Miller!!

The question of JT's contractual worth can't be answered by simply asking "Is JT worth a max contract?", but by asking "In today's NBA, is JT worth a max contract?"

No team will ever win a championship in this day and age by offering "reasonable" contracts.

I'm not saying don't give 7/$77M a try. I'm just saying that when his agent tells him that if Bibby's getting the max, he should be getting the max, don't be stupid and not give it to him.

If JT leaves this franchise it will hurt worse than losing Nique IMO. And Nique is my favorite player of all time

• Admin

You don't see Miller or JT leading their teams to the Playoffs. They are very good players. Miller maybe one of the top pgs but neither are in the upper echelon players. Do they deserve to be in a class with Shaq, Kidd, Kobe, Mcgrady, Duncan, KG? No, that is what a max player is. I think to get the max you need to be classified as a top tier player. These guys are not there....they maybe one day but they are not there now.

I agree Cap. The player should be awarded a contract based on what they can do now. No employer is going to give me a raise for what I am going to do in the future. The will give me a raise when I reach that level.

I am glad the NBA put the salary cap in effect because if they didn't somone would have gotten an ARod type contract. Now the players and the teams need to realize that the money is going to run out, so they need to get what their worth nothing more and sometimes less.

In the NBA, you do get paid for what people think you will be able to do. How else could the Clippers be thinking about giving Olowokandi the max or the Kings giving Bibby the max?

What is a shame is that players like Dominique Wilkins and Larry Bird, who both were better than all but maybe two players in the league today, never got a chance to get this kind of money. Yet, you've got guys like Charlie Ward that are very mediocre making more money in a single year than Bird or Nique ever made playing basketball.