• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thank you MR. BILLY KNIGHT

NJHAWK

Thanks for building one of the most talented teams in the nba from SCRATCH. Not only one of the most talented but very young as well. Thanks BK we are all enjoying this. Well except for the haters who think we should have won 50 games a year while we were rebuilding. Also thanks for staying with Woody, he has turned this team into one of the best defensive teams in basketball. It appears that when these young cats finally get what he is trying to teach, we start winning ball games.

Great post, NJ.

I was gonna do an identical post about how much I love this core, and how they all like playing with each other.

While we all hated losing those 5 point leads at the end of EVERY GAME for the last 3 years, this team is FINALLY holding on this year.

I am extremely optimistic about this team this year. I predicted #6 in the East. I really hope we can steal that Detroit game. They owe us one...

My only request is to give Shelden more minutes, and for Speedy to either get healthy or be dropped

I thought about that and even Dampier too. Thank God Dallas and Denver were willing to go a little farther than BK was. Thank God BK had enough balls to bite the bullit and give two late 1st rounders for JJ. My God imagine if Phoenix matched and we still had Diaw and no all star. I cant even think about it.

Yes he offered a max deal like Denver however he didnt offer the three 1st round picks like Denver. At least Bk had enough sense not to go that far with Kenyon and wait a year to use only two 1st rounders to get JJ WHO WAS A YOUNG ALL STAR IN the making that we can build around. Not only that but we never had to see Diaws lazy ayss again. Also thank God he didnt up his offer for Dampier.

Actually the problem was that Kmart didn't want to sign in Atlanta. He would've actually had to agree to the sign and trade. I'm sure BK was offering something but Kmart expressed interest in Denver and I'm sure NJ had no problem with that. And giving up the 3 picks didn't even hurt Denver, they were late picks. His contract is what's killing them, the same contract that BK offered him.

Quote:

Thanks for building one of the most talented teams in the nba from SCRATCH. Not only one of the most talented but very young as well. Thanks BK we are all enjoying this. Well except for the haters who think we should have won 50 games a year while we were rebuilding. Also thanks for staying with Woody, he has turned this team into one of the best defensive teams in basketball. It appears that when these young cats finally get what he is trying to teach, we start winning ball games.

One of the most talented teams in the NBA! Come on dude. I admire your enthusiasm; and I like our team, but until we hit the same playing field as the Spurs, Pistons, Celtics etc, this is about as much RAH RAH as anyone can possibly walk through.

Please note a truth:

The most talented teams in the NBA win at least 50 games a season. Don't knock it until you have tried it and don't overhype us as one of the most talented teams in the NBA until we, at the very minimum, accomplish that....

I really doubt BK would have given 3 1st round picks for Kmart when he only gave up 2 late 1ST round picks for JJ. Now Im not talking about you here but its amazing that people say 3 1st rounders that Denver gave up for Kmart didnt hurt them but the 2 BK gave for JJ hurt us. HELLO would you rather have Diaw, Balkman and maybe pick 20 next year or JJ?

Talent man, I said talented I didnt say one of the best. The best teams win 50 games a year and we are not there YET. Usually its the teams that have veteran players that stay together for awile like the Spurs that win. We have the young talent and prolly the most young talent in the nba. We will get better and better and be one of the best teams in the nba. Its a process, it doesnt happen overnight unless you get Shaq or KG in thier prime. Unless you draft a Lebron or a Magic Johnson. We didnt get that lucky so we have to build and BK has done that tenfold.

• Moderators

Quote:

HELLO would you rather have Diaw, Balkman and maybe pick 20 next year or JJ?

Balkman wasn't on the board when our pick came up.

Rajon Rondo and Marcus Williams were the two guys picked with our pick and the next pick.

With regard to our own pick, we are just very lucky we didn't give up a high lottery pick last year. My contention with that trade from day 1 was that we didn't do enough to protect our own pick. That proved to be the case by the %s, but we got lucky in the lottery last year and kept the pick.

Hopefully your projection for waht we give up this year will be right and our pick will be somewhere around 20th at the end of the day (i.e., with Atlanta in the playoffs).

Even if it was Rondo or Williams I would rather have JJ. Its too early to tell if those two will be any more than role players. Rondo should put up nice stats this year playing with 3 all stars but he may also be the weak link that kills them in the playoffs. The reason I said Balkman was because Pho traded out as soon as he was picked by NY. Balkman is who they wanted. Im not sure who we would have taken, prolly Rondo cause of his length. Id still rather have JJ athn Diaw, Rondo and another late pick in 2008.