• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you realize...

ATL_BALLER

...how SPECIAL Smoove is? I signed on to the board tonight expecting everyone to be as overwhelmed with awe as I am, but there are surprisingly few comments.

Yes, he still has some mental lapses, turns the ball over, takes some ill-advised jumpers, etc. The kid is 22 years old!

He is the difference maker on this team - by far the most important piece. And he's already one of the elite few who can single-handedly change a game, on both ends. He has an intangible feel, not only in his shot blocking, but in his passing game.

What's scary is he's only just beginning to realize what he's capable of.

I'm not one for hyperbole, but we're talking about a potential top five all-around player in the league - and I'll go even further. He has the potential to be the best player this Atlanta franchise has ever had, including 'Nique. Mock all you want, but I see it.

Just wanted to remind you all to really appreciate what we have on our hands here. We are witnessing history, people - enjoy the ride.

His offense has grown leaps and bounds. He has some moves now. He's still a terrible dribbler and needs to give it up after rebounds and learn to fill a lane but... yeah I get your point. It's the defense. He's one of the greatest shot blockers to ever play the game. He's simply amazing. Guys brick layups because they are in fear of him. Now that he's providing some inside offense, we are seeing nice results for the team.

If he starts taking an extra few hundred 3's a day in practice, he will be the superstar you are talking about. If people have to guard him on the perimeter he will flourish taking it to the rim and scoring.

Quote:

His offense has grown leaps and bounds. He has some moves now. He's still a terrible dribbler and needs to give it up after rebounds and learn to fill a lane but... yeah I get your point. It's the defense. He's one of the greatest shot blockers to ever play the game. He's simply amazing. Guys brick layups because they are in fear of him. Now that he's providing some inside offense, we are seeing nice results for the team.

If he starts taking an extra few hundred 3's a day in practice, he will be the superstar you are talking about. If people have to guard him on the perimeter he will flourish taking it to the rim and scoring.

Great post....

I totally agree. He is absolutely one of the best in the history at blocking shots. I've never seen so many people on fast breaks...look uncomfortable. And I give Exodus credit...he wished for Smoove to get more rebounds, well there you have it. Noone is saying that his offensive game is polished and its not close to being a finished product. But I'm not sure if that's a bad thing for us. If he's giving us this type of production as an unfinished product...then damn.

Quote:

...how SPECIAL Smoove is?
I signed on to the board tonight expecting everyone to be as overwhelmed with awe as I am, but there are surprisingly few comments.

Yes, he still has some mental lapses, turns the ball over, takes some ill-advised jumpers, etc.
The kid is 22 years old!

He is the difference maker on this team - by far the most important piece. And he's already one of the elite few who can single-handedly change a game, on both ends. He has an intangible feel, not only in his shot blocking, but in his passing game.

I'm not one for hyperbole, but we're talking about a potential top five all-around player in the league - and I'll go even further. He has the potential to be the best player this Atlanta franchise has ever had, including 'Nique. Mock all you want, but I see it.

Just wanted to remind you all to really appreciate what we have on our hands here. We are witnessing history, people - enjoy the ride.

(( mocking ))

Good lord. This board sways like a tree in a hurricane. The only person who most of Hawksquawk stays consistent on their opinion on, is Woody.

A player plays bad, and the board wants him traded. A player plays great, and he's either a future all-star or the potential best player in the league. LOL, a least the board is consistent on being inconsitent.

Quote:

Quote:

...how SPECIAL Smoove is?
I signed on to the board tonight expecting everyone to be as overwhelmed with awe as I am, but there are surprisingly few comments.

Yes, he still has some mental lapses, turns the ball over, takes some ill-advised jumpers, etc.
The kid is 22 years old!

(( mocking ))

Good lord. This board sways like a tree in a hurricane. The only person who most of Hawksquawk stays consistent on their opinion on, is Woody.

A player plays bad, and the board wants him traded. A player plays great, and he's either a future all-star or the potential best player in the league. LOL, a least the board is consistent on being inconsitent.

It's the Bill Walton syndrome and I agree.

Bottomline---he's more important to the Hawks than any other player even JJ. Take JJ out of the lineup and it'll obviously hurt the Hawks...take JS out of the lineup and it'll take away ALOT more. Somebody can always step up when JJ is out and replace the scoring to a degree, but nobody can step up and replace what Josh brings...