• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

non hawk - Mitchell Report

LongTimeHawksFan

Quote:

Quote:

...Brady Anderson
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif
This guy was the absolute poster boy for this stuff. Dude hit 50 homers out of the blue. Been waiting for this for years...

Agreed on Anderson.

One thing I wonder though...how thorough is this list? If investigators were getting this stuff from clubhouse moles and suppliers who talked, I wonder how many didn't talk? There could be a lot more guys who they just couldn't get anybody to rat on.

P.S. - Whaddaya bet Rocker tries to write a book? eheheh.gif

I'm watching Mitchell right now. He seems to have the goods.

Rocker is into border control and language control now. A book might aid in his cause. lol!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That alleged list that leaked is now clearly false.

Here's the 409 page report.

http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf

The only guy I can find that used while he was with the Braves is Paul Byrd.

There's a bunch of guys in there that were former Braves. Most of them are tied to Mets/Yankees. Justice, Stanton, Mercker, Matt Franco, Neagle, Todd Pratt.

Quote:

That alleged list that leaked is now clearly false.

Here's the 409 page report.

http://files.mlb.com/mitchrpt.pdf

The only guy I can find that used while he was with the Braves is Paul Byrd.

There's a bunch of guys in there that were former Braves. Most of them are tied to Mets/Yankees. Justice, Stanton, Mercker, Matt Franco, Neagle, Todd Pratt.

Quote:

Quote:

Except of course John Rocker and Raul Mondesi, but they don't really count.
wink.gif

You forgot Farnsworth, Caminiti, Holmes, Sheffield, Moss, Byrd, Joyner and Boone. Boone hit for us in that series against the Yanks, if I remember correctly.

Rocker was great for a while, man!

We have to have the most people on this list.

Farnesworth = less then 1/2 a season

Caminiti = less then 1/2 a season playig part time(his last)

Sheffield = 2 seasons

Moss = 2 seasons

Joyner = one season playing part time (his last)

Boone - 2 seasons

I don't know who Holmes is

Those guys played only one or 2 or season for us and many played for the Yankees. Alot of the inside info came from a Yankee trainer. So we know they were using as Yankees but not necesarilly as Braves.

The Braves look pretty clean in my eyes. None of our big name players or career Braves made the list (exception 2 years of Shefield). But Shefield has played for like 6 other teams (Padres, Dodgers, Braves, Marlins, Tigers, Yankees)

Quote:

none at all!!??...you can't be serious...if so then i take that back there probably are some nba players on roids too like Ben Wallace for one

I have no inside info so all I do is go by my eyes. Watch a couple nba games on ESPN Classic and you quickly notice how much slimmer the players were 30 years ago or so. It's the same with classic baseball games. I can't imagine that steroids are used extensively in MLB and not in the NBA.

Quote:

...One thing I wonder though...how thorough is this list? If investigators were getting this stuff from clubhouse moles and suppliers who talked, I wonder how many didn't talk? There could be a lot more guys who they just couldn't get anybody to rat on....

Excerpted from a current SI article:

"While it's not hard to see why all concerned parties would like to view the Mitchell Report as both a coda and as a "vehicle for moving forward," as one MLB executive put it, the reality is far less tidy. Two ongoing criminal investigations -- BALCO and the Albany DA's prosecution of a wide-ranging Internet pharmacy pipeline -- are likely to reveal the names of additional players and distribution channels. In fact, sources close to the Albany investigation tell SI.com they believe the litany of names released on Thursday was "not at all a full and final" compilation.

Furthermore, there are also other large-scale, ongoing probes Sen. George Mitchell was clearly unable to access. For instance, there's an international DEA operation, code named "Raw Deal," that traces the movement of raw steroid and HGH powder from manufacturing labs in China to the basements and garages of American dealers. Raids have unearthed lengthy client lists and hard drive evidence that sources tell SI.com may well lead directly to the clubhouses and locker rooms of pro sports teams..."

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Except of course John Rocker and Raul Mondesi, but they don't really count.
wink.gif

You forgot Farnsworth, Caminiti, Holmes, Sheffield, Moss, Byrd, Joyner and Boone. Boone hit for us in that series against the Yanks, if I remember correctly.

Rocker was great for a while, man!

We have to have the most people on this list.

Farnesworth = less then 1/2 a season

Caminiti = less then 1/2 a season playig part time(his last)

Sheffield = 2 seasons

Moss = 2 seasons

Joyner = one season playing part time (his last)

Boone - 2 seasons

I don't know who Holmes is

Those guys played only one or 2 or season for us and many played for the Yankees. Alot of the inside info came from a Yankee trainer. So we know they were using as Yankees but not necesarilly as Braves.

The Braves look pretty clean in my eyes. None of our big name players or career Braves made the list (exception 2 years of Shefield). But Shefield has played for like 6 other teams (Padres, Dodgers, Braves, Marlins, Tigers, Yankees)

Kent Mercker is on it

Quote:

none at all!!??...you can't be serious...if so then i take that back there probably are some nba players on roids too like Ben Wallace for one

I'm very serious.

I have always suspected Howard, James, Wallace. What about past greats like Jordan and Karl Malone ? What about Anthony Mason, Larry Johnson, Xavier McDaniel, Alonzo Mouring. They say kidney problem are a result of steroid uses and before the kidney disease Alonzo looked like a body builder or robot one.

The way James was built in HS did not come naturally. Howard is pretty freakish too. Wallace looks like a full time body builder.

With no tests why not use if it helps you make millions of $$$. I think alot of players used only to stop using and slim back down when they see it actually hurts their game of skill and now see strength is not as important as they thought for their style of play.

Guys like Kobe have beefed up some years and come back 20 punds lighter the next year. You don't just gain 20 pounds of muscel naturally in a 5 month off season.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm very serious.

I have always suspected Howard, James, Wallace. What about past greats like Jordan and Karl Malone ? What about Anthony Mason, Larry Johnson, Xavier McDaniel, Alonzo Mouring. They say kidney problem are a result of steroid uses and before the kidney disease Alonzo looked like a body builder or robot one.

The way James was built in HS did not come naturally. Howard is pretty freakish too. Wallace looks like a full time body builder.

With no tests why not use if it helps you make millions of $$$. I think alot of players used only to stop using and slim back down when they see it actually hurts their game of skill and now see strength is not as important as they thought for their style of play.

Guys like Kobe have beefed up some years and come back 20 punds lighter the next year. You don't just gain 20 pounds of muscel naturally in a 5 month off season.

Yea I bet alonzo was using and lebron, that would really be sad if michael jordan was a user