• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good luck to Deke, Smitty, Johnson, and Willis

Hawksman

Yeah, maybe the Nets will actually play Dike. It really upsets me that they do not use him AT ALL. But, then again, if they did play him, they probably wouldn't have swept the Celtics and Pistons.

Smitty hasn't been getting a lot of playing time either. I do hope that the Spurs win it. I don't really like the Spurs, it would just be the perfect ending to a storybook year. Duncan gets League MVP and probably Playoff MVP and Robinson gets another ring to finish out his career. I'm also thinking that if the Spurs win the championship, Kidd might end up going there next year. I mean, if they can win a championship without him, imagine what they could do with him. This would only add to the West's dominance.

What if Smitty and Willis decide to retire on a high note (if the Spurs win)?

I've heard some rumors that the Spurs are also looking at Jermaine O'Neal. I don't know that much about the cap, but they wouldn't be able to sign both Kidd and J. O'Neal would they? Because if they could and do that just seems un-fair. I think Kidd will prob stay in N.J., but i'm not sure about Jermaine, can you imagine that frontcourt with Duncan and J. O'Neal? WOW

Go Hawks,

Todd

• Premium Member

Oneal will be in the midst of a big Battle.

SA is interested.

Miami is interested.

Indy is interested but supposedly he said either Artest or Mercer is gone or forgetaboutit.

I would love to take advantage of that situation in indy.

Big Dog for Artest/Mercer.

It gives us a hothead, but that's where getting a good coach would help. Maybe Carlisle for Artest. I think Carlisle will have a team with Artest and Theo as a defensive Juagarnaut....

Maybe even:

Big Dog/Hendu for Artest/Mercer/Croshere/FIller.

Two Indy boys go home.

If Zeke remains (which is the other thing Oneal wanted) then this could go down this way!

This team could use a hothead as well. I'd love to have Artest on this team, complete with his antics. Something to get the world talking about us, to help provide an identity.

Artest would be great - he could light a fire under the rest of the Hawks. Indiana may be forced to make a trade if they want to retain some or all of their free agents. If they resign O'Neil it probably means Reggis is gone, so maybe they need scoring (i.e., Dog). If that is the case, I would take Bender or Harrington (though I would prefer Artest) off their hands and whatever contract filler they want. Harrington is a hard nosed player and Bender has "talent."

He might just come into the locker room after a loss and set it on fire because he gets mad! After all, he already threw a basketball at his teammates' heads in the locker room after one loss and refused to allow any of his teammates to eat at the buffet table after another loss.

Those were not isolated incidents either. He has a history of erratic behavior back as early as junior high. The guy has SERIOUS mental problems and he needs professional help (which I understand he is getting now).

I like Artest's basketball skills but I don't want a headcase on the team. I had more than my fill of that during the Rider era.

The Spurs have enough to sign Kidd but not enough to keep him for as long as NJ did. I think they will get O'neal. That is going to be one dangerous team. Even more dangerous, but can you imagine, Duncan and Kidd. The best player in the league and the best PG in the league. Man, whew, I am glad they are not in the East.